FORUMS: list search recent posts

Videoguys' NAB2003 report

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary Bettan
Videoguys' NAB2003 report
on Apr 21, 2003 at 4:58:28 pm

NAB2003 was loaded with hot new products and technology!! This years show featured some revolutionary product announcements for digital videographers. NAB2003 may also go down as a turning point in NLE history. We've clearly crossed over from hardware based real-time solutions to more powerful, real-time software only solutions that take full advantage of todays CPU speeds and unlock the hidden power of your 3D graphics card.

http://www.videoguys.com/NAB2003.html

Gary

The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

mbabboni
Re: Videoguys' NAB2003 report
on Apr 23, 2003 at 6:00:10 pm

Gary,

Wow! Your report has my head spinning! Everything sounds great, but also confusing. I currently own a DV500 purchased a few years ago and recently upgraded to Edition 4.5 mainly to get Impressions Pro and Commotion. I have not installed Edition because of all the issues I read about on Pinnacle's forums. I use Premiere 6.5.

I originally bought my DV500 so I could capture all the old VHS-C tapes we had and burn them to disk. I still consider myself a novice, but am thinking about starting a part-time biz to transfer peoples old home movies, wedding videos, slides, photos, etc to DVD with various levels of customization. If all goes well, it may become full-time. I'd also like to play with more professional stuff like compositing and green screening.

My questions are:
<*>Will upgrading to Edition 5 be the best way for me to go (I'm sure it will be the cheapest) or would I be better off switching to Avid Xpress Pro or Vegas 4+DVD or wait for Premiere 7+Encore?
<*>What other tools/utilities should I consider?
<*>My new system is pretty beefy (Dell 8250, 3.06GHz, 1GB RDRAM, 200GB HD and 240GB striped RAID, ATI Radeon 9700 Pro) so all software should work fine and I don't want to use Pinnacle's AGP card, but I still want to capture analog. What other hardware or software choices does this cause?

Thanks for any help you can provide. Your site is great...I'm looking forward to working with you!

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]