NeedHelpBadly
rendering taking forever with Premiere
on Apr 20, 2003 at 3:55:09 pm

With my new system -

2.4 GHz Pentium 4 533 MHz FSB
512 MB 1066 RDRAM
Two WD 7200 8 MB cache HDs
Canopus ADVC-100 capture device

...When I try to render an effect or a project in Adobe Premiere, it takes AGES to complete!!! No exaggeration. This is not any different than my 400 MHz 130 MB SDRAM machine. I can't believe I spent all this money and it still takes forever to render an effect. Yes, I have heard of real-time cards - but shouldn't this setup make any difference? In my case, it doesn't look like it.. I'm ashamed that I put a lot of time and research in this machine, and took a lot of other people's time to help me - and it does nothing new for me. I give up...

Return to posts index

ciabt
Re: rendering taking forever with Premiere
on Apr 20, 2003 at 9:09:45 pm

Hi there
What version of Premiere are you using? There must be something wrong cause you should be able to notice a huge difference from your 400mhz machine. What effects are you using and how long (approx) does it take to render?
Hopefully the people on here will be able to get your system rendering like it should. Good luck and please provide me with a bit more specifically about what your doing.
Later
Brent

Return to posts index

NeedHelpBadly
on Apr 22, 2003 at 6:02:44 pm

Sorry I couldn't get on the other nickname. Premiere is running fine now. The preview settings were "preview from hard disk." I set it to preview from RAM (1:1) and it works great! No waiting times anymore. (Well, almost no waiting time.) :)

BTW, it is Premiere 6.0 using Windows 2000.

Return to posts index

ciabt
on Apr 22, 2003 at 11:10:02 pm

Hi there
Glad its working fine for you know! Good to hear!
Later
Brent

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]