FORUMS: list search recent posts

Please help! Dropping frames with demo software.

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Claude Jones
Please help! Dropping frames with demo software.
on Apr 8, 2003 at 8:49:02 am

Hi,

I have dropped frames on capture using Vegas demo. But I just have dropped frames when I capture to my video drive (D). When I capture to my system drive I have no dropped frames whatsoever. I have check everything I can think of in my video drive. I made sure it's DMA enabled in the BIOS and in Windows XP, I'm using a UDMA 80 connector cable, I have the jumpers set right on my HDDs, I have my video drive as a slave of my system drive on primary IDE channel (like videoguys recommend) but I have also tried making my video drive a master on the second IDE cahnnel and it didn't work either. My drives are Seagate Barracuda IV ATA100 7200RPM (40Gb sytem and 120Gb video). I used Seagate's diagnostic software and it say my drive is fine. I have done the Windows XP video edting tweak from videoguys website, I have no application running on the background and my IEEE1394 (ADS Pyro) card has it's own IRQ.
Now I don't know what to check anymore. I'm getting a lot of dropped frames on drive D.
Any ideas of what could be going on?

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm ready to buy, but I want to make sure my system will run smooth with it first.

Thank you

Adam

Return to posts index

Adam Claude Jones
Re: Please help! Dropping frames with demo softwar
on Apr 11, 2003 at 6:02:22 am

WOW! Thanks a lot for all the replies and help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]