COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
liz
Analog capture
by
on Jul 24, 2002 at 4:32:06 am

Hello

I am writing this from Australia and i am look for a digital/analog solution

I have a dv camcorder, a firewire port, and adobe premiere 6.
Now this is the tricky bit, i have a video player and analog camcorder that i want to capture and eventually burn to DVD along with the digital stuff, without losing quality or at least not much.
Is there a simple solution for my problem?

I can use premiere to edit, but i suppose it is the capture.

What do you recommend

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
Re: Analog capture
on Jul 24, 2002 at 5:01:44 am

Does your DV camcorder have a "pass through mode", the capability to take analog video input through a S-Video or composite connnections, digitize it and send it through the firewire to the computer? If not, your easiest solution is to get a analog-digital converter or "DV bridge". Dazzle and Canopus, among others, make them. They convert analog video to DV and sends it to the computer through the firewire card. Either should work fine with Premiere.

Return to posts index

liz
by
on Jul 24, 2002 at 5:48:29 am

i don't think it has that pass thru mode, must investigate that further...

have you used any of those dv bridges??

and thanks for your response

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
on Jul 24, 2002 at 2:11:43 pm

I have the Dazzle Hollywood Bridge and have been satisfied with it. The Canopus ADVC100 has gotten better reviews but it does not work with firewire cards that use Texas Instruments chipsets.

I am far from being an expert, so the best advice I can give you is to get a money-back guarantee.

Good luck,

Return to posts index

Dan Bettan
on Jul 25, 2002 at 7:29:11 pm

Actually, we have a 30-day money back guarantee policy here. But I think getting a converter is always a second choice to getting a DV/analog capture card. Since you also mentioned creating DVD's with minimal quality loss, I'd recommend getting the DV500DVD. Check it out on our site. It's made by Pinnacle and is currently $499.95. We also carry the DVD burners. This product comes with a full version of Prem 6 in the box, so you'd have a free copy lying around. But more importantly it has near real-time MPEG2 for DVD authoring, and comes with Impressions SE which is great software to start authoring DVD's with, and you can upgrade that later to the full Impressions Pro. Here is the link to it on our site: http://www.videoguys.com/dv500DVD.html

Dan Bettan
Videoguys

Specialty Video Supply is the educational and government division of The Electronic Mailbox and Videoguys.com. If you represent one of these facilities or are a teacher, student, faculty or staff, please click on this link to learn more about this divisi

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]