FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere mpeg encoding crashes win XP

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nathan
Premiere mpeg encoding crashes win XP
on Mar 12, 2003 at 10:43:57 pm

I have been trying to solve a growing problem relating to WIN XP crashes when trying to encode MPEG in premiere 6.5. The adobe plug in starts toi encode no problem then at roughly the same point it crashes. Most of the time the PC automatically shuts down and restarts and produces a standard error message relating to premiere. It also crashes when encoding using my pinnacle Mpeg 2 option (DV500 is my card). Also tried encoding with standalone encoders and still the same crashes and shut downs ???
I have tried reinstalling windows and all upto date drivers, I have DV500 drivers version 4.5. My graphics card is Ultra TNT2. 1800XP with 512mb DDR ram...
Pinnacle support were no help and neither was adobe. There are many similar reports on the adobe web site and talk of adding a entry into the prem 60 file. I have tried this but does not solve the problem. They say there could be a conflict with the codecs and adding the override makes sure the adobe codecs are used first ?>??

please help I am at my witts end, with weddings backing up

cheers

Return to posts index

jaybird
Re: Premiere mpeg encoding crashes win XP
on Apr 9, 2003 at 6:58:47 pm

Are you using XP home or Pro? I use XP pro at home and have no problem, but at work our machines which have home are prone to crashing. I don't have any solutions but if you using "home" it may be part of the problem

Jaybird

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]