FORUMS: list search recent posts

Xpress DV for Under $1,000!!

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary Bettan
Xpress DV for Under $1,000!!
on Mar 4, 2003 at 9:36:49 pm

We just got official word from Avid on a major new promotion!!

Xpress DV $999.95
XDV PowerPack $1699

This is a straight deal. No complicated trade-ins or coupons or rebates. If you've been thinking about jumping over to Xpress DV, now is the time.

Gary

The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

Jake
Re: Xpress DV for Under $1,000!!
by
on Mar 5, 2003 at 11:58:52 am

Gary,

Is this for version 3.5?

If true, what a deal! That's $500 off your normal price!

By the way, if you had a laptop, which would you choose, Vegas 4 or Express 3.5?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on Mar 5, 2003 at 3:19:09 pm

Yes it's the real-deal. The $1699 PowerPack is even sweeter! Keep in mind it includes the full versions of Boris FX and Grafitti!!

On a Laptop either Vegas4 or XDV are great choices. Both products are top notch and cutting edge. Here is a very down and dirty comparison:

For pure cutting, trimming & editing NOTHING beats Avid. They invented NLE and they have had 10 generations of product to perfect it. With XDV you are using the same core technology and editing inteface used by the networks & Hollywood. It can be overwhelming at first to learn, but we now offer excellent training materials for XDV.

Audio for video. Vegas4 gets the edge here, but both products are lightyears ahead of Adobe when it comes to audio editing, mixing & effects.

Color Correction. Both are excellent. For 90% of us they are equal. Both offer tools beyond the typical users needs. Keep inmind that their are actually professional video 'colorists' who do nothing but color correct & match footage.

Real-time performance. Vegas4 gives you real-time preview via DV output. It is not full resolution. Avid offers real-time VGA previews. With a dual head graphics card you can drive a preview TV monitor. Some laptops with analog video output can do this as well.
Both need to render for final DV ouput. XDV redners much faster.

Real-Time FX, filters, compositing & 3D. Vegas has more FX flexibility and wiz bang features then XDV. The compositing is really easy and powerful with Vegas4. Avid does not include a whole bunch of 3D FX and stuff. What you can do is add Boris Continuum to XDV and get a TON of these, includeig 18 real-time ones!

A real-time NLE shootout is in the works. I won't have it done til after NAB in early April. In the meantime - CALL US 800 323-2325. We'll help you make the best choice.

Gary

The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

Jake
by
on Mar 5, 2003 at 4:25:04 pm

YOU DONE GOOD GARY!

I really appreciate it!

You'll get my business! But let me think about which program I want. I'm leaning more toward Vegas4 because of funds. I'll give ya a call in a few days....promise!

Thanks once again for clarifying this mind-bogging topic.

Jake

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]