FORUMS: list search recent posts

Studio Deluxe audio problems

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sketch
Studio Deluxe audio problems
on Jul 19, 2002 at 3:33:33 am

Okay, so here's the deal. I've got Studio Deluxe running. Everything's aces, capturing, playing, editing, etc. But then I try to export back to my camcorder, and there's NO audio. I've been fidgeting with this problem on and off for the past month and nothing seems to work. Here's what I've done:

- Installed and re-installed both hardware and software
- Upgraded and or patched Studio software and drivers, as well as DirectX software and drivers.
- Uninstalled USB hardware drivers (but not USB itself. In a Pinnacle forum post, someone reported the capture card having conflicts with a USB device).
- Trimmed audio, trimmed video, etc., so as to give the camcorder a "running" pre-roll.
- Installed Pinnacle's PPE

I just don't know what to do. Video is fine, practically flawless when exporting. There IS audio, I can hear it when I'm playing the captured files and when I'm editing. The only thing I can think of is the audio rate Studio wants to export at. According to my camera's manual, 12 bit is 32 Khz, and 16 bit is 48 KHz. For some bizarre reason Studio insists on exporting at 16 bit, 32 KHz. The original audio is always 16 bit, 48 KHz.

For the love of GAWD, I'm going crazy here!

Return to posts index

dvid
Re: Studio Deluxe audio problems
by
on Jul 26, 2002 at 10:04:29 pm

I have a similar problem when outputting to VHS. Am wondering what format video camera you are using ( digital 8, mini dv, HI 8 etc) and what you are using to connect to the breakout box or tower ( fire wire, composite plus S-video, or just composite) Also, what are you running for a computer and sound card?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]