FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe Premiere Playback Problem

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kirkyuhnke
Adobe Premiere Playback Problem
on Feb 16, 2003 at 3:19:00 pm

I've been trying to fix this odd problem for the longest time, mabye someone here can help. I have a p4 1.6 system with a tyan motherboard. I have a maxtor 27 gig and an ibm 80 gig. The 80 gig is new, 7200 ata100. For some reason video played back off the 80 gig always stutters in premiere. I can plug an old 6 gig drive into my computer and video plays back fine from it... but not from the 80 gig. I even tried a maxtor 80 gig in the same machine and had the same problem?? I tried differant cables and tried differant channels. So right now everytime I want to dub to tape I have to render out to my 27 gig and playback. I'm using WindowsXP. Any ideas????

Return to posts index

Ron Evans
Re: Adobe Premiere Playback Problem
on Feb 16, 2003 at 4:57:22 pm

Check that you have DMA enabled for the drive, also check that you have the latest drivers for your motherboard( probably a VIA chip set, get the 4 in 1 driver from the VIA WEB site). Both the 80 G drives should be ultra DMA and have sustained transfer rates that are many times what you need for video.

Ron Evans

Return to posts index

kirkyuhnke
on Feb 16, 2003 at 5:59:05 pm

I've done both. I have the newest VIA drivers and have checked everything in the bios. DMA is enabled and mode is set to AUTO. I've tried changing it to mode 4 maually but that doesn't seem to make a differance. Video plays smooth for a few seconds then glitches and the screen flickers then it plays smooth for some more time (from 2 seconds to 20 seconds) and flickers again. Of course I'm using a firewire output. Anyone else have any ideas?

Return to posts index

ciabt
on Feb 16, 2003 at 9:27:25 pm

Hi there
I can't see this making that big of a difference but its worth a try, how full is your hard drive? Does it have at least 15 % freespace on it? You should run a disk defrag on the drive, it might help a bit. Thats about all the ideas I have for now. Also it just could be a faulty drive, just cause its brand new doesn't mean its not faulty if all else fails you should have it looked at and see if it can be exchanged. Good luck, its got be baffled!
Later
Brent

Return to posts index

kirkyuhnke
on Feb 17, 2003 at 7:41:09 am

Brent,

You're going to love this. Here's the storyline. I bought a Maxtor 80 gig... that's when I first had the problem. I convinced Maxtor to swap with another drive. It didn't fix the problem. I thought if I got another brand mabye that would help. Did that... now I have an IBM and it still has the same problem. The drive is only half full (or half empty) and I just defraged it.

NEXT!! :)

-Kirk

(I only hope someone can help!!!)

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
on Feb 17, 2003 at 12:34:39 pm

Does your P4 use the Intel Application Accelerator? If so, try installing the latest version.

Return to posts index

kirkyuhnke
on Feb 17, 2003 at 10:14:13 pm

No, it doesn't. Should I install that??? Would it help?

-Kirk

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
on Feb 17, 2003 at 10:49:18 pm

I don't know for sure. Some motherboards/chipsets for P4's require the intel application accelerator for optimized performance. Check the Intel site to see if your motherboard can use it.

This isn't from the Intel site, but it is a list of some of the chipsets that can benefit from the program.

http://www.voodoofiles.com/5002

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]