FORUMS: list search recent posts

Convert layered tracks as single clip in Premiere?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mr H
Convert layered tracks as single clip in Premiere?
by
on Feb 15, 2003 at 4:35:23 pm

I am editing a music video and using stacked tracks and various effects to simulate a "film look" with my DV footage. However, trying to use dissolves and supers becomes problematic when each shot is actually multiple tracks.
Will Premiere allow me to use a separate project timeline to composite the layers and effects, render it, then save/export that section as a single clip that can be imported back into the main project...only taking up one track in timeline???

Return to posts index

ciabt
Re: Convert layered tracks as single clip in Premi
on Feb 16, 2003 at 9:30:00 pm

Hi there
In short YES. ALl you need to do is go File>Export Timeline> Movie make sure the settings are what you want, name it and export it. Then just import it into your project and you've saved some tracks. Premiere does have plenty of tracks to work with (99 video and 99 Audio) but things do get cluttered very quickly with more then 3 or 4 tracks. Good luck with your music video!
Later
Brent

Return to posts index

hkatzman
Re: Convert layered tracks as single clip in Premi
on May 19, 2003 at 10:17:49 am

Another way to do this is Premiere ...

I was working on graphics layering and doing a series of commercials, each one only slightly different from the previous one and got very tired of all the rendering time each time I moved a dissolve or even inserted something earlier in the program.

At the beginning of the timeline, before your program, set up all your effects clips -- especially including multilayered.

Then to use these, use the block copy (I think this is what it is called, I am not looking at the program now -- it is underneath the second tool icon). You lasso the clip you want to use and then Premiere sets up a pointer back to this clip that looks to the user like a simple video/audio clip that you can place in your program.

Only the original clip needs to be rendered, then the copied clips are usable without rendering. It also simplifies the look of the timeline by using simple transitions from complicated effects.

I hope this helps.

Howard

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]