FORUMS: list search recent posts

moving transition track in premiere?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
treetsux
moving transition track in premiere?
on Feb 13, 2003 at 7:32:41 pm

is it possible to put a regular video track underneath the track that has the transition line?

im making a slide show of pictures with an animated background.
the pictures all have alpha channels on the edges, and i can get the background to show through if the track with the pictures is above the background track. if anyone can let me know if i can move the transition track, or a way to make it take the tracks below first, PLEASE help me. THANKS!!

Return to posts index

Ron Evans
Re: moving transition track in premiere?
on Feb 14, 2003 at 1:24:00 am

What are you trying to do? Do you want the pictures to fade in and out over the backround track? There are many ways to do this but this is one way. Place your backround track on V2 and your pictures on V3 use the rubber transparancy band on V3 to fade the pictures in and out.
All the NLE's like Premiere use the same approach of each additional track layering OVER the other. The lowest is V1b then V1A, V2, V3 etc. There is no way to alter this design. To use transitions in Premiere you need to use V1a and V1b remembering that V1a always has priority so if you transition from V1a to V1b then the timeline will immediately return to V1a after the transition if there is anything on V1a. Vegas Video is much more usefull in doing what you want to do.

Ron Evans

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]