FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas 4 is here!!

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary Bettan
Vegas 4 is here!!
on Feb 13, 2003 at 4:05:52 pm

Now available Cool Vegas 4 via Electronic Download!!
We have just received special approval from Sonic Foundry to begin offering Vegas 4 and Vegas 4 +DVD via Electronic Download!
Electronic Download Pricing:

Vegas 4 $299.95
Vegas 4 +DVD $499.95

Guys, Vegas4 is very cool! We've been playing with it a lot around here and we think you will be blown away by the power, performance and features.

http://www.videoguys.com/vegasvideo.html

Gary

The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: Vegas 4 is here!!
on Feb 14, 2003 at 3:07:05 pm

A bit more on Vegas 4-

I was always a fan of Vegas Video, nothngs better for making music videos or montages or highlights. On the down side I felt it fell short on long format productions.

With Vegas 4 this is no longer an issue.

- The new media management tools are excellent.
- The real-time color correction is extremely powerful and you can preview the changes in the video while you are using the color correction tools.
- The audio tools in Vegas were always a cust above - now they've added AC3 encoding and 5.1 surround mixing.
- The integration with DVD Architect is superb making this the most complete soup to nuts video editing and DVD creation solution.

Vegas4 is a major technology breakthrough for digital video, audio and DVD creation. You will not regret investing in it - especially at these amazing launch promotional prices.

http://www.videoguys.com/vegasvideo.html

Gary
Videoguys.com

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

Ron Evans
on Feb 14, 2003 at 4:52:02 pm

I downloaded the demo and have to admit that I find the interface unchanged for what I do and just as confusing. I use Sound Forge for audio editing and love it and use Vegas LE for the audio edits after I have edited in Premiere. I do 2 or 3 camera shoots of dance and theatre shows. In Premiere it is easy to sync the audio of tracks V1a, V1b and V2, use the razor at transitions between the cameras and disable the bits that are not used by right click and disable, none of this seems possible with Vegas. I use scrubbing(and timeline scaling) a lot to find tha exact point to razor and switch to the other camera. The scrubbing in Vegas 4 in mind is not improved from VV3 just another way to access the same method ( Alt+cursor instead of the scrubb controller)it is still an emulation of a shuttle controller rather than playing back the frame the cursor is on at the speed the cursor is moving. I like the audio capabilities and the colour correction with realtime viewing but for long form multi camera editing it still doesn't cut it, for me anyway. I will wait to see what Adobe have to compete with Vegas4 and Media Studio 7---they will have to come up with something!!!!
My wish list is for an interface much like the old Fast Video machine that had an emulation of a video mixer with 6 inputs. In those days it was of course a linear system controlled by the computer but the software did allow the sort of action that I would like that none of the present NLE's seem to have. As an example I would like to apply a transition from V1a to V1b and have the playback stay on V1b until I applied a transition to move the playback to some other track ( rather than with Premiere have the playback immediately return to V1a once the transition is complete).
I am sure by this summer ALL the NLE's will have realtime playback, good colour correction and AC3 audio to stay competitive.

Ron Evans

Return to posts index

Jake
by
on Mar 2, 2003 at 2:07:46 pm

Does anyone else have an opinion on Vegas 4 vs Premiere 6.5? I'm trying to decide which pathway to follow.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

newguy
on Mar 12, 2003 at 1:41:50 am

Hello Gary,
I would like to ask if Vegas has any plug-in effects. I mean 3D effects like hollywood FX. and how fast for exporting DV avi movie compared to premiere ?
Thanks.

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on Mar 12, 2003 at 2:09:01 pm

Currently the only plug-in I'm aware of for Vegas4 is SpiceMaster2. this is 3d organic transitions. not 3d.

Gary

Return to posts index

newguy
on Mar 13, 2003 at 1:31:27 am

Thanks Gary

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
on Mar 13, 2003 at 2:27:32 am

Just out of curiousity, what is an "organic" transition?

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on Mar 13, 2003 at 4:47:03 am

It's a 2D transition that uses grayscales & a dissolve together. You've seen them as pinwheels with soft edges or multiple diamonds/shapes. See our SpiceAMster page for more info http://www.videoguys.com/pixelan.htm

Gary

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
on Mar 13, 2003 at 12:51:20 pm

Thanks.

BTW, I just received a brocure from Sonic Foundry that says Vegas Video 4 has a "comphrensive" set of filters and 3D transitions. It lists the following as examples of 3D transitions- Blinds, Cascade, Fly In/Out, and Shuffle. They also say that these effects are available as a plug in for VV3.

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on Mar 13, 2003 at 1:20:48 pm

Vegas has a good 3D toolset w/ keyframing and compositing. I wasn't at all trying to imply that it does not. That said, I'm pushing both Boris & Vegas to make it happen so that these two great apps can work together.

Gary

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
on Mar 13, 2003 at 1:48:54 pm

What do you think about SpiceMaster, specifically Pixelan's claim that it works with any filter, transition or titler on Media Studio Pro 7, as well as Premiere and VV4?

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on Mar 13, 2003 at 5:00:09 pm

SpiceMaster is very cool. It lets you add softness and opacity and other cool things to exisitng FX. The new SpiceMaster2 is out and we will be carrying it.

Gary

Return to posts index

Charles
on Mar 14, 2003 at 10:47:36 am

Hi there Gary. You mentioned that Vegas 4 was especially good for those wanting to do music video editing. Why do you think so? Doesn't premiere cut it as a music video editor? Thanks again. I'm planning on doing quite a lot of music editng and would like to hear the big advantage on which of the two softwares to get.

Charles King
Http://homebuiltstabilizers.com

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on Mar 14, 2003 at 2:15:37 pm

The audio tools in Premiere are OK. The audio tools in Vegas are incredible. It's a robust audio mixing / editing / effects solution. If you are a musician you can jack your instruments right into your computer and into Vegas4.

Vegas4 interface is also very comfortable for folks familiar with computer audio tools.

Note: Regardless of the NLE app, the experience, creativity and skill of the editor comes first. Getting one app over the other will not make you a better editor. Taking the time to learn the NLE and the craft of editing will. Experienced editors will find that their are subtle and not so subtle differences between the NLE apps. As a result one NLE may fit their needs and style of editing better. Believe me, if we could include a free can of editing talent with each purchase - sales would go through the roof Laughing

Gary

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]