FORUMS: list search recent posts

HELP! Premiere 6.5 Audio Problem

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
alwayslearning
HELP! Premiere 6.5 Audio Problem
on Feb 5, 2003 at 9:03:29 pm

I've been using Premiere 6.5 now since it was out and 6.0 a year before that.
I've never seen this until today. I can double click the audio track and it plays fine in the window that comes up. I can select the audio clip in the project bin so that clip is displayed at the top of the project bin and click on play there and it plays fine. But, when I try to play it from the timeline, I get nothing. I can see the waveform on the timeline but it is BLACK. It's always been green. I closed the project and opened an older one that I've already seen work and in fact delivered to a customer. Same thing. Black audio waveform and no audio from the timeline. I tried rebooting the machine but no change.
I'm using a 1.6GHz P4 w/512K cache, 1GB RDRAM, Windows 2000 Pro and a Pinnacle Systems DV500Plus. Every other aspect of Premiere is working fine.
Thoughts?
Another thing too is that it seems like an awful lot of little "nothings"make whole projects want to be rendered. I'm used to having to wait for rendering, but it is a serious issue now where it wasn't before.
Do I need to reinstall premiere? If so, what about files that I want to leave in tact? Can I uninstall an application and all the files are still there? And then when I reinstall the application, the files just pick up where I left off?
Video editing is working fine. It's just that starting today, I can't hear any audio from the timeline. But like I said above, I can double click the audio track and play the audio fine from the window that opens up.

AlwaysLearning

Return to posts index

ciabt
Re: HELP! Premiere 6.5 Audio Problem
on Feb 5, 2003 at 10:21:22 pm

Hi there
I was wondering how full your hard drive is? Sometimes if your harddrive gets below 15% free space wierd things start to happen and projects don't always play right. If you do re install premiere when you start up premiere and try to open a project Premiere may ask where the files are and you'll just have to find it for it but everything should be there, and should play fine. Once it is saved again you won't need to show Premiere where the project files are.(you might not even have to at all)
Well hope you get your problem fixed! Good luck!
Later
Brent

Return to posts index

alwayslearning
on Feb 6, 2003 at 12:40:01 am

Thanks for the input Brent.
My C: drive is 70% free and my E: drive where I have all my video files is 61% free.

I'll wait until tomorrow for another opinion. I sure don't want to do that uninstall/reinstall. I'm thinking, like you, that I need to but it needs to be a last option, in my mind.

What I don't get is how EVERYTHING works perfectly except the audio from the time line. How can that be? As I mentioned earlier, the audio even works from the project bin as well as the little player that comes up when I double click the audio track. shessshhh....

When I get it fixed, even if it's the un/reinstall thing, I'll post here what the fix was.

No one has seen black audio waveforms where once they were green? Obviously I couldn't care less what color they are. It's just that the color coincided with no audio from the timeline.

AlwaysLearning

Return to posts index

alwayslearning
on Feb 6, 2003 at 4:15:17 pm

Just an update in case anyone else can benefit from this...

I opened Premiere while holding down the Ctrl and Shift keys in order to reset the "preferences". After doing so and opening up my file, I was excited to see the waveform on the audio track be green again instead of black. Unfortunately, the audio still doesn't work from the timeline.
Still works from the little window that pops up when I double click the audio track, but not from the timeline.

Anymore thoughts out here?

AlwaysLearning

Return to posts index

alwayslearning
on Feb 6, 2003 at 10:06:14 pm

I'll post this in case it can help someone in the future.
Case solved! Laughing

Pulled the Pinnacle card out and cleaned the edge card connectors with an eraser, cleaned contacts very well, reinstalled, worked first time!

I am one happy camper!

AlwaysLearning

Return to posts index

ciabt
on Feb 7, 2003 at 5:24:06 pm

Hi there
thats good to hear! Computers are great when working, but drive you crazy when something goes wrong. Glad you fixed the problem!
Later
Brent

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on Feb 7, 2003 at 8:08:44 pm

I have to laugh. Laughing Back when I was a kid i used to play with AFX slot cars. One of the tricks we used to make them run faster was to use an eraser on the tracks and the contacts on the cars

Gary

The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

alwayslearning
on Feb 8, 2003 at 3:22:17 am

Likewise on the slot cars!! Laughing

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]