FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help with XP and Studio 7

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cfolsom
Help with XP and Studio 7
on Jan 27, 2003 at 2:24:09 am

I Purchased my copy of Pinnacle Studio Delux 7 through Videoguys.com. I have been able to use it to the fullest, I think.

I just upgraded to WinXP. I got all the plug-ins and everything from Microsoft I could down load. Same from Pinnacle.

Before I installed XP, I moved all the programs I wanted to keep do my D drive, which is my second hard drive (used for video).

I performed a clean install of Studio 7, including Express and Hollywood FX Version 4.5.7 which is "PLUS" and "PRO". I reregistered the program and downloaded all the additional Special Effects that are available. They are not showing in my effects window pull down, Why?

Question: How do I access my D drive and get the edits I was working on before the upgrade? I activate S7 and I'm unable to get to those projects I was working on before, but those projects are on the D drive.

Thanks for your help!!!!

Chris Folsom

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
Re: Help with XP and Studio 7
on Jan 27, 2003 at 3:16:08 am

Have you tried double clicking on the file icon on D drive? Doing that should open the project in Studio. Do you mean that when you go through the procedure for opening a file on Drive D you do not see the file listed? You could also try moving the files back to their original locations in "My Documents".

Return to posts index

cfolsom
on Jan 28, 2003 at 8:10:29 pm

I have tried double clicking on the icon in D drive....It simply opens it uip to see all the files in the program.

Yes, I can see files in the program, but can't get to it through Studio 7.

The Hollywood FX program that came with the Pinnacle doesn't appear in the effects pull down window either.

Somebody give me some ideas......

Thanks,

Chris Folsom

Return to posts index

dgreen
on Jan 30, 2003 at 7:54:33 pm

Chris, try getting on Pinnacle's website and going to the forums. You may find more help there.

http://www.pinnaclesys.com

Go to the Studio7 forum. There are several old hands that will know if it can be done.

Good luck.

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
on Jan 30, 2003 at 8:08:28 pm

I do not understand. There should be an icon for each project file you transferred to your D drive. It should be a Studio 7 icon with the file's name. Do you mean that when you click File/Open Project and go to the D drive the icons for your projects are not visible?

Return to posts index

cfolsom
on Jan 30, 2003 at 10:16:10 pm

kdaves, yes. when I open the project to D: drive the project does not show up. Also, in the effects pull down the HollywoodFX are showing...they are there, but I can't get to them through S7..on the pinnacle site i found the following:

HollywoodFX (HFX) does not appear in pulldown transitions list Answer There is a file called "HFX4.dll" on the system that installs with the Studio 7 software.This file may be corrupted.

There are two ways to deal with this issue:

Start to do a file find on the computer system for "HFX4.dll".

The file should be 32K + in size. If the file is less than this, delete it and copy one of the good copies into its place. Delete all occurrences of the file from the system and reinstall the software from the CD. The file will be found in two locations:

C:Program FilesPinnacleHFX Basic for StudioHost PluginsStudio

And:

C: Program FilesPinnacleStudio 7Plugins

I guess my CD with HollywoodFX is bad, huh?

Your opinions, please.

Thanks, Chris Folsom

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
on Jan 30, 2003 at 10:59:45 pm

I checked the Studio 7SE program files on my computer and the Hollywood FX .dll's are where they said they were. I would recommend a complete uninstall of the Studio program and Hollywood FX and deleting the program file folder, then doing a clean re-install.

As for the project files not showing up in Studio, try copying the project files back to the My Projects subfolder in the Pinnacle Studio folder in My Documents and see if it works. You probably will need to copy the video clips back to the Captured Video folder, too. You may have no choice other than re-doing the projects.

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
on Jan 30, 2003 at 11:35:27 pm

I checked the HFX .dll in my program files and both copies of it were 36kb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]