FORUMS: list search recent posts

Want to capture firewire, but can't,,,,w/o $$$$$$

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Fergus
Want to capture firewire, but can't,,,,w/o $$$$$$
on Jul 17, 2002 at 6:14:25 am

I have an old 3ccd mini dv camcorder that exports only s-video and composite. Is there anyway to export my video via firewire so I can capture it on my computer without spending $600.

option #1 = Buy a cheap mini-dv with firewire
option #2 = Buy a mini-dv vtr
Is there an option 3? I can't think of any.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: Want to capture firewire, but can't,,,,w/o $$$
on Jul 17, 2002 at 9:47:44 am

Pinnacle studio deluxe. DV and FireWire in and out. Excellent low cost, easy to use solution.

Gary

The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

Daniel Fergus
on Jul 19, 2002 at 7:06:28 am

I don't think that will help my situation. I am aware that I can buy firewire cards but I need a means of exporting the info from my minidv tape onto my computer. My problem is that I do not have "firewire out" on my camcorder only s-video. Without buying a new camcorder w/firewire out or buying a minidv vtr with firewire out to play my minidv tape I can't think of any other options. Can You?

Return to posts index

bandjs
on Feb 19, 2003 at 2:31:58 pm

You can get a cheap Canon MiniDV camera for as little a $400. I'm looking at geting one to elimimate wear & tear of capturing & playback on my GL1. As far as I know, the playback & DV out on any MiniDV is equal to the original camera's quality. - Bandjs

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]