FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere Question on variable slow motion!

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sclark900
Premiere Question on variable slow motion!
on Dec 18, 2002 at 12:56:52 am

Looking for some help from Premiere users. I'd like to add an effect to a clip that involves slowing the video (and sound if possible) to a stop over a 1 second period. Sort of like slowing film on a reel so the motion and sound gets progressively slower, then finally comes to a stop holding on that frame. At that point, w/ the frozen frame in view (I'll probably just insert an image of the frozen frame here), I plan to add a short voice over. I'd then like to "start up the reel" again to full motion.

Any ideas on how I can do this? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

ciabt
Re: Premiere Question on variable slow motion!
on Dec 20, 2002 at 1:26:00 am

Hi there
That sounds like a great question! I'm not too sure how to do it exactly but I know a way that will work but I'm not too sure if it will give you the exact results your looking for, anyways here goes:
1. cut the 1 second clip up into small sections using the razor tool (the more sections the better the effect should work (I hope) )
2. select the first clip in the sequence and right click on it then click on the SPEED setting change the setting to 95% approx
3. click on the following sections you cut up and do the same but with each section change the speed setting to less than the one before such as 90% (you might need to change it lower)
4. when you get to the last section of the clip your speed setting should be around 5 or 3% ( you might need to fine tune the speed settings on your other sections to give it a more natural slowdown. Next on the clip you want to freeze you can either right click and apply a frame hold or you can export the frame to a tiff or bmp and import it into the timeline and drop it in where and for how long you want it to freeze for and then you can either start the clip up gradually to 100% playing speed by doing the same steps but instead or gradually lowering the number, gradually increase the #. Or you can leave the clip as is and it should be playing at 100%. Hope you understand what I mean, hope it gives you the results you want. Please reply and let me know how it worked.
Good luck!
Later
Brent

Return to posts index

grinner
on Dec 20, 2002 at 11:59:10 pm

In premiere, you have to cut the clip several times, adjusting the speed each time. This is best done in After Effects using time remapping. This will allow you to keyframe speed changes quickly and easily.

grin
http://my.cybersoup.com/grinner

Return to posts index

Terry Stetler
on Dec 23, 2002 at 7:59:45 pm

Just to cheese you guys off a bit ;) .....

the upcoming MediaStudio Pro 7.0 has keyframable varible speed controls built in.

Terry Stetler

Moderator: Digital Media Net MediaStudio Pro forum

http://www.dmnforums.com/cgi-bin/displaywwugindex.fcgi?forum=uleadmediastud...

Return to posts index

grinner
on Jan 2, 2003 at 12:38:21 am

Well if grandma's videos need some love, that's always good to know.

Return to posts index

videoblaze
on Jan 31, 2003 at 3:36:02 am

Terry, I hope they fixed the problems with their MPEG encoder. About the only way to use the files was with the built in DVD burner plugin. Other DVD authoring tools tended to puke on the files created by either Video Studio or MS Pro. Twas a bummer, because they were more stable when it came to editing MPEG video than Premeire 6.5.

I think it's all a ruse to get us to keep forking out $$ for stuff they claim, but barely works -- would you accept that from an appliance or car maker, heck no, you chuck it back at them and demand your money back.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]