FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere vs Avid Xpress DV all L@@Kin NO replies

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
TWITT
Premiere vs Avid Xpress DV all L@@Kin NO replies
on Dec 16, 2002 at 8:56:20 pm

Please note if all you do is read posted messages without replies, is not helping anyone and this forum will be known as a waste of time. When you need help, there will be no forum to use.
Please contributeLaughing

(1) Is Avid Xpress DV really better than Adobe Premiere?

(2) If Yes, Why? If No, Why not?

(3) What type of equipment do you use?
(cameras, editor, software, etc.)

(4) What type of editing are you doing?
one camera, two or more cameras.

(5) What is on your wish list for Santa?
Rem. Santa doesn't have deep pockets,
he still drives that same old sleigh

(6) Is it just ME or does anyone out there find multi camera editing on NLE systems RT2500 Adobe Premiere a "realtime" pain in the timeline!?Razz

Be brave and reply Thanks, Torrey

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: Premiere vs Avid Xpress DV all L@@Kin NO repl
on Dec 16, 2002 at 9:22:08 pm

1 & 2) Avid Xpress DV is a much more professional and productive interface. It has a learning curve and if you already know Premiere, you are going to have to 'clear your mind' and be prepared to learn the Avid way of editing. Once you do this, you will never look back.

3) At home I have an RTX.100 running on an HP 1100i workstation. I also run Edition, Vegas Video and Xpress DV on this system. I'm a hack editor, so the cool 3D FX and other 'fluff' that comes with the RTX.100 is important to me. I shoot with a JVC 9500 DV cam.

4) I'm a one camera guy. For multi-camera shoots you definitely want to check out the Multicam software plug in for Premiere. http://www.videoguys.com/multicam.html

5) Here's a few good things I'm asking Santa for
- I want a Canon GL2 to replace my old JVC cam.
- I want to upgrade my DVR-A04 to an A05 for the 4x burn speed.
- I just got one of those USB memory sticks. 128 megs for around $100. Very cool. I use it for backups and moving files from home to office.
- The new Azden SGM-X $119.95 zoom mic for mini-cams is a great addition to your shooting toolbox.
- I'd like to see the Islanders get a winger who can play with Alexi Yashin.Wink

6) See the link above for Multicam software

Gary
Videoguys.com

The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

grinner
Re: Premiere vs Avid Xpress DV all L@@Kin NO repl
on Dec 21, 2002 at 12:14:08 am

"(1) Is Avid Xpress DV really better than Adobe Premiere?"
Yes. No dropped frames, less crashes, seemless integration with online (when using an Avid product, anyway) and knowing the interface makes you much more marketable as an editor.

"(3) What type of equipment do you use?"
Whatever. I'm not picky on gear as long as it can handle my/my client's needs. Media Composer with sappires is the bare bones. Anything at that level or higher works for me.

"(4) What type of editing are you doing?"
Lots of high end long form presentations and some national spots.

"(5) What is on your wish list for Santa?"
A ripped up non-compete contract from my ex-employer
A symphony
An 844/X
A handfull of BVW75s and at least one DVW500A

"(6) Is it just ME or does anyone out there find multi camera editing on NLE systems RT2500 Adobe Premiere a "realtime" pain in the timeline!?"
It's just you, I guess. I just gang 4 cameras and rock on in realtime.

grin
http://my.cybersoup.com/grinner

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]