FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dell, Videowave 4 , Dazzle to VCR tape.

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mmodem
Dell, Videowave 4 , Dazzle to VCR tape.
on Dec 11, 2002 at 11:59:56 pm

I can't record my produced video to a VCR tape. My inputs and outputs are hooked up correctly. Does it matter if I produced the production as a MPEG1 or MPEG2? Any ideas are appreciated.

Return to posts index

lflippin
Re: Dell, Videowave 4 , Dazzle to VCR tape.
on Dec 13, 2002 at 5:33:35 pm

mmodem,

you should maybe try dazzle's user forum (just search "dazzle" and go to their community forum).

sorry, I can't help with your actual question; however, I'm starting to doubt whether videoguys is a very useful place to try and get help for questions like yours (and mine, see earlier posts).
i'm not disrespecting this forum and its participants, maybe it's a very useful place for people with certain specific software/hardware; however, i've started to notice that large numbers of questions don't ever seem to be responded to in this forum. in fact, i've not seen any video forum that comes near the quality of scott garrigus's digifreq forum for audio editing/production. man, the users that support digifreq are mostly pros and they don't let any reasonable question go unanswered for long. it's not a forum for digital video, but it sure provides a good model for how a video forum could optimally work.

since you are using dazzle hardware, maybe their user forum will have better information for you. (i think there actually was a single relevant posting on the dazzle forum that was directly concerned with my question about the ed VideoWave 4 software; however, there was no useful response to it, unfortunately. anyway, since i got vegas video 3 i flushed videowave so i don't have anymore questions about it)

best of luck to you,

Lee

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
on Dec 13, 2002 at 10:57:53 pm

Which "Dazzle" are you using? Have you tried playing the video from the timeline?

The following is a link to the Dazzle forum concerning output to a analog recorder using the Hollywood DV Bridge-

http://dazzleforum.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=392601346&f=185608286...

Return to posts index

lflippin
on Dec 13, 2002 at 11:55:49 pm

Good questions, kdaves, except if mmodem had the same problem I had with Dell then mmodem may not actually know what dazzle product was sent to him in the Dell Movie Studio bundle. From hours of reading forum posts I have been able to surmise that Dell apparently licensed the "Mojave" dazzle bridge series from dazzle (whatever good it does to know the fact, and remember the caveat: this is just info from forums, not a fully corroborated fact). If mmodem was treated like I was, Dell sent him an unbranded 1394 card to install himself along with an unlabeled bridge, virtually without any instructions. Oh, plus they sold him the disastrously poor VideoWave 4 software, which also doesn't have any (useful) documentation.

At least mmodem can use Windows Device Manager to determine whether his 1394 card is functional. Also, I haven't had any trouble yet that is directly attributable to my dazzle bridge--it's the VideoWave 4!!! VideoWave 4 is software that is so buggy, and so bottom-end, that it is truly not worth using. It is simply not possible to eke out your money's worth with this product--you'll end up spending a fortune in therapy. It is certainly not worth the hours of grief that I and many, many other users have experienced in trying to solve VideoWave 4's many, many problems.

I know some will say, "Lee, how can that be true that VideoWave is such a bad product that it can't be fixed or used with just a bit of intelligent effort?" My answers: (1) First, I'd like to hear from even one highly satisfied VideoWave user who has overcome the bugs in VideoWave 4 on his/her own and uses the product with full happiness (2) Second, I'd like to hear from any number of satified VideoWave users who paid the obligatory $20 per phone call to get "help" from VideoWave and (a) were actually helped or, (b) eventually spent more than the MSRP of the product on "help" calls at $20 a crack (3) Third, I'd like to hear from anyone at all who was able to overcome any deficiency of VideoWave via user forum advice.

Implicit in these bold challenges is my supposition that none of these satisfied people exist. VideoWave victims--buy Vegas Video 3, or some other useful video software, and be happy.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]