FORUMS: list search recent posts

Scene Detection Software

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jlaning
Scene Detection Software
on Dec 5, 2002 at 6:01:06 pm

Does anyone know of a software program that will take a long clip already captured from a VHS Tape and stored on a hard drive, scan the tape to detect scene changes, and then divide the long clip into little clips according to when the scene changes?

The old version of Scenalyzer is able to do this, but it apparently does not work on Windows XP, which I have. The new version of this program, called SCLive, does not have this capability any longer. I emailed the company, and they told me that this feature would be available again in an updated version of their product.

While waiting for the updated version, I thought I would ask if anyone knows of any similar programs.

I realize that I could use SClive to make the small clips, if I captured the footage again. But some of the VHS tapes I no longer have in my possession.

Perhaps someone knows of another way to take an hour long clip captured from a VHS tape and divide it into little clips, each clip containing one scene. The infinite capture setting in premiere will do this when exporting an .avi file from the timeline, but it does not do the same with the audio (At least I do not know any way to get it to do it).

Return to posts index

Andy Browne
Re: Scene Detection Software
on Jan 9, 2003 at 12:29:08 am

The current version of Scenelyzer does this very well. I'm doing it right now.

Andy Browne
Visit Digital Memories at http://browneweb.com/digitalmemories/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]