FORUMS: list search recent posts

Still using MSPro 5.2 -- should I upgrade?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
doc
Still using MSPro 5.2 -- should I upgrade?
by
on Nov 20, 2002 at 4:40:44 pm

Back when I bought this stuff it was good. And it works, mostly, just wondering if upgrading to, (what 6.5, I think) would really be worth it. Haven't done video in a couple years, and still may not do a whole lot. Going today to get a 40GB EIDE drive. My old 4.3GB SCSI won't hold much.

I have noticed that moving along the timeline in MSPro 5.2 is very slow. There used to be something about "keeplastframe" to put somewhere, would this help in Win98?

I've been out-of-the-loop for a while. As usual, I see that all I need to do is spend more money. That's why I quit before, everyday there was a "new" product that would run faster and jump higher -- just spend more money (it was so depressing).

Anyway, back to the question. Should I spend the $99+ or just keep fighting what I have?

Return to posts index

ciabt
Re: Still using MSPro 5.2 -- should I upgrade?
on Nov 20, 2002 at 10:14:02 pm

Hi there
Premiere 6.5 has realtime effects, but they are scaleable depending upon the speed of your processor. If you have a pretty quick machine it would benefit you greatly, but if your machine is fairly old, you might not be able to access any realtime effects. Premiere 6.5 is a great program even without the realtime, it enables you to do practically anything you can think of. You should check out the Adobe website and see if Premiere will be compatible with you maching and the recommended machine for realtime performance. If you don't do alot of video then I'm sure your current system will be sufficient for you, but if your planning on doing alot or complex video's or if time is an issue I would upgrade.
Good luck making your decision!
Later
ciabt

Return to posts index

doc
Re: Still using MSPro 5.2 -- should I upgrade?
by
on Nov 21, 2002 at 4:53:28 pm

Upgraded to 20GB 7200 EIDE and K6-II 500.

That'll have to do it. Matrox/RR doesn't work under Win2K and I don't want to have to buy another capture card right now. (don't do that much video).

Will see how MSPro 5.2 works now. I may spend the $100 for the upgrade, that's not much. (I spend that much playing golf each month!)

Gerry
( http://www.forwardgolf.net )

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]