FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export problems

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cyemmm
Export problems
on Nov 5, 2002 at 11:11:16 pm

First of all. I'm running premiere 6.0 with the LSX mpeg plugin.

I'd really like to take my 26 minutes of dv captured, edited video and export it as an mpeg-1 or mpeg -2 that I could burn onto a cd I could then mail to the video participants. It's a mountainbike ride with lots of helmetcam footage so the quality must remain pretty high.

My problem is that all the formats/bitrates/options I try cause excessive pixelation/artefacting to the extent of making the video unwatchable.

My questions...One, why can't I make a smooth export from avi to mpeg? 3000k/sec vid and 225 audio equals a cd sized file, but something's overcompressing and the quality's crappy. Secondly, what do I have to use to go from avi to mpeg? Settings? comments? Help?

Return to posts index

Terry Stetler
Re: Export problems
on Nov 8, 2002 at 3:31:57 pm

I've never been really satisfied with the quality of video exported with the Premiere LSX plugin, especially with high motion DV sources.

I've been using VideoTools VideoServer plugin to frameserve the TMPGEnc Plus encoder. This gives excellent results, especially if you use the high quality motion search, a DC precision of 10 and CQ_VBR.

Terry Stetler

Moderator: WWUG MediaStudio Pro forum

http://www.wwug.com/forums/uleadmediastudio/index.htm

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]