FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVCamera Shuts off while rendering from Premiere?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
comedydavid
DVCamera Shuts off while rendering from Premiere?
on Oct 31, 2002 at 7:06:06 pm

Hi, I'm trying to export my project from Premiere 6 to tape on my Sony Digital8 camcorder. Everything seems to be going fine for a couple of minutes, then the camera shuts off? I've rendered the work area in the TimeLine, etc., and had no original problem capturing the footage.

Also, the only option seems to be exporting to tape, & clicking where it says start the record feature on my camera, then playing the project in Premiere. The camera only seems to preview tape in the VTR mode, i.e., I can't preview if I set my camera to record mode, and have it standby to record.

I'm very new to editing on Prem., so thought, gee, maybe there's something in a specific edit or clip that's causing this to happen. So I removed what I thought was the trouble spot, but the same thing happens, no matter what clip is at around the same time into the project the camera suddenly shuts off. ???

Any ideas on what might be causing this, and maybe a solution?

(This is extra frustrating because after months & months of trying to get StudioDV from Pinnacle to work - what a product - I got Premiere, and was editing immediately .. but now!?)

Thanks,
David

Return to posts index

grinner
Re: DVCamera Shuts off while rendering from Premie
on Nov 1, 2002 at 4:11:55 am

I couldn't quite follow all of that but if you just record on your camera and preview (or just play) the entire timeline, you'll be fine.
Consumer camcorders have auto shutoff placed to researve power. This is why it goes off while your rendering.
Agin, just record (in player mode, no camera mode) and play the timeline and you'll be rockin.

grin
http://my.cybersoup.com/grinner

Return to posts index

ciabt
on Nov 1, 2002 at 11:13:05 am

To record to tape, your camera must be in VTR mode. Put your camera in VTR mode, choose Export to Tape, set it to automatically start recording, hit start and Premiere and your camera will do its thing no problems asked. I have Premiere and a Digital 8 as well and use this way and it works great. Just remember to put your camera in VTR mode.
Good Luck

Return to posts index

comedydavid
on Nov 1, 2002 at 5:22:12 pm

Hey, thanks so much for responding to my post. Sorry if it was confusing. Actually, I am doing what you suggest, and it will start recording, but then a couple of minutes in, while it's recording, the camera just shuts off? Any thoughts?

Thanks, David

Return to posts index

grinner
on Nov 1, 2002 at 7:39:31 pm

like, it's totally plugged in right?

Return to posts index

comedydavid
on Nov 1, 2002 at 8:11:16 pm

Hi - yes, the camera is plugged in, and it is VTR mode. Then I start the rendering process, and everthing seems to be going fine, it's recording - and then, it just shuts off. A total (and very infuriating) mystery???

David

Return to posts index

comedydavid
on Nov 2, 2002 at 1:29:13 pm

Hi,thanks for responding to my post.

The camera is plugged in, and it is VTR mode. The thing is, I start the rendering process, and everthing seems to be going fine, it's recording - and then, the camera just shuts off. A total (and very infuriating) mystery???

Any thoughts?

Thanks again,
David

Return to posts index

ciabt
on Nov 2, 2002 at 3:57:07 pm

Hi there
That seems wierd that it just shuts off once it is recording. I was thinking you had the camera in camera mode, not VTR mode but I guess thats not the case. Hmm, well you should render your project fully and save it once its completed before you try to export to tape. Then after you have it rendered and saved I would try shutting down the computer and the camera and then wait a few seconds and turn the computer on and wait for everything to load, so this way you will have all your resources, then open Premiere, turn on your camera in VTR mode, open your project and try to export to tape. Hopefully that will work for you, but I think the key thing to try is rendering your timeline completely before trying to record. Also may I ask what Firewire card and Windows you are using? Hope this helps
Good Luck
Brent

Return to posts index

comedydavid
on Nov 4, 2002 at 3:24:15 pm

Hi,
I'm using Windows 98 SE, and my Firewire card came with software I bought for a program called StudioDV from Pinnacle (could never get that program up and running, so gave up).

I do have another question. Can my Timeline/Project be saved as some kind of file, then saved onto a CD. Then, can I take that CD to someone else's computer, and transfer it out onto videotape on their camera (if they have firewire)?

Thanks,
David

Return to posts index

ciabt
on Nov 4, 2002 at 3:51:05 pm

Hi there
Hmm thats too bad about your firewire card/software. I've found that a pretty good inexpensive card is the Pyro DV. For about $70 Canadian it includes firewire and a editing program (I believe its Ulead Videostudio 6 or something like that). A few of my friends have it and have had no problems with it. You should be able to export your project as an avi file and then burn that onto a cd and take it over to a friends house that has a firewire card and editing software, then copy it to the hardrive (its too hard for the computer to play it smoothly from the cd and then export it to tape and then you can delete it from his hard drive. Hope this helps and things start working for you.
Take care, good luck!

Return to posts index

comedydavid
on Nov 5, 2002 at 3:24:02 am

Thanks for all the info./advice - I really appreciate it.

Cheers,
David

Return to posts index

ciabt
on Nov 5, 2002 at 6:10:59 pm

Hi there
No problem, hope things work out for ya!
Later

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]