FORUMS: list search recent posts

Strobe effect in Adobe Premiere?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ggower
Strobe effect in Adobe Premiere?
on Oct 25, 2002 at 6:56:45 pm

I have a "strobe" effect on my switcher (MX-50) -- it freezes video frames intermittenly, given a very cool effect. You see it often in sports highlights, etc.

I'm trying to find a good way to create this same strobe effect in Adobe Premiere 6. (Premiere has a function called strobe, which blacks out the image every few frames, based on your settings. This is *not* what I want.)

Premiere has "Posterize", but it gives me a really shaky image. I've tried de-interlacing, and a few other settings, but it doesn't give me a very clean effect.

Any suggestions?

-GG.

Return to posts index

alwayslearning
Re: Strobe effect in Adobe Premiere?
on Oct 29, 2002 at 10:31:32 pm

I know what you mean.
I like to take clips of a few seconds from a wedding, and run credits over them at the end of the wedding video. I run them them strobed and low contrast and posterized. I used a Videonics MX-1 for this. All of my clients loved it.
Well, Premiere won't do it the way I want. Here is what I did:

I copied the clips just like I wanted them (already cut) to my mini-dv camera. Then I played them back through my MX-1 with the effects I wanted and recorded them to the HD. Put the clip where I wanted it on my Premiere timeline and was all set. A hassle? Only a little. Worth it? Yes.

Don't throw away all (or any :) ) of your old video stuff!

AlwaysLearning

Return to posts index

grinner
Re: Strobe effect in Adobe Premiere?
on Nov 1, 2002 at 4:05:56 am

hop into your speed controls and add the amount of strobing you like.

grin
http://my.cybersoup.com/grinner

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]