FORUMS: list search recent posts

Edit Software for my mother? Videoguys...anyone???

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JSUN
Edit Software for my mother? Videoguys...anyone???
by
on Oct 22, 2002 at 9:54:25 pm

My mother wants a simple software solution to import and edit still pics and video, you know...family crap.

I loaded a copy of Premiere 6 on her PC and taught her the basics, but I think it's still a little too much for her right now. She needs something simple that will run on her laptop.

I came across Video Factory 2.0 by Sonic Foundry...and for the price...it looks like everything she needs. The interface looks similar to Vegas which is a neat little tool in it's own right.

Has anyone used this software, Video Factory?

Not a huge fan of Pinnacle here, so... we all but ruled out Studio DV 8 (or whatever the h e l l it's called). She played around with the LTD version that came with her PC and she didn't care for it either.

Anything else I/we should check out?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I don't know a whole lot about the beginner/consumer edit software market.

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: Edit Software for my mother? Videoguys...anyon
on Oct 24, 2002 at 6:02:15 pm

For easy DV editing we do recommend Studio first. Dazzle cards come with very easy to use software, but you can't get MovieStar as a stand alone product. I've always been a big fan of the fulkl versions of Ulead NLE software, but the low end versions are too low end for me.

Video FActory is a good choice for her if she likes the interface.

GAry

The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]