FORUMS: list search recent posts

why can I capture, burn and watch on pc DVD only.

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
heatfuego
why can I capture, burn and watch on pc DVD only.
on Oct 20, 2002 at 10:52:22 am

.....I have an ATI all in wonder 8500 -128 video card with its own capture software that came with, which I use to record sporting events etc, I can burn it to a DVD-R and it plays on my PC's DVD player but it does not play on my regular DVD player which is a JVC that I bought from c-city few weeks ago. it supports DVD-R but it also has a note saying that unfinalized disk cannot be played back...I'm very new to all this...can anyone please explain what finalze means....also, is the TMPGEnc-2.58 encoder a program to finalize the video from which can be viewed on a regular DVD player that supports DVD-R ....

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
Re: why can I capture, burn and watch on pc DVD o
on Oct 20, 2002 at 1:56:03 pm

What DVD authoring software are you using?

Return to posts index

heatfuego
on Oct 20, 2002 at 3:36:17 pm

hello kdaves.....I don't know names and definitions....my dvd recorder (pioneer dvd-r) came with Sonic MYDVD, RecordNow DX and Ulead VideoStudio...ATI comes with its own software that allows you to record in different formats like MPEG 2,1..AVI...ATI VCR...Windows Media...I think when the video is first captured with my ATI card, is done in ATI format, I guess...I know it shows an icon of a Film with a red Note accross

My DVD burnnings are done with RecordNow Dx and I don't see anything that says finalize,,,,now when you say authoring software whta exacly do you mean...thanks

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
on Oct 21, 2002 at 1:21:16 am

I have one suggestion- READ THE MANUALS and then ask for help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]