FORUMS: list search recent posts

help with ulead videostudio 6

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
beachin
help with ulead videostudio 6
on Oct 1, 2002 at 3:26:38 am

If anyone could answer this I would be Laughing !!!!

For the past 4 days I have not been able to figure out this problem. When I am capturing an analog video about 15 minutes into the movie, I get an out of memory error. I have 39.5g left on my hard drive so how can this be? I did some research and thought that I had to change my (system?) from FAT to NTFS. I was wrong.... it is already NTFS................... any suggestions? unfortunately Ulead didn't think to put this info anywhere within the software that I could find it.................

Thanks for your help!!

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
Re: help with ulead videostudio 6
on Oct 1, 2002 at 1:41:28 pm

What analog capture device are you using and what format is the captured video?

Return to posts index

beachin
on Oct 1, 2002 at 9:04:06 pm

I am using my sony camcorder with a Dazzle attachment

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
on Oct 2, 2002 at 2:21:30 pm

Which Dazzle attachment? Dazzle makes a number of analog capture devices. You need to be more specific about your computer, including the OS (I assume it is XP or 2000 because you said your drive is NTFS), the processor, RAM, etc. If you are not using XP, which version of Direct X are you using?

In Video Studio 6, you should not be limited to 4GB (roughly 15 minutes of DV) of capture, even using Windows Me/98, because VS6 automatically creates new files every 4GB if the file format is FAT32. This is true if you are using the Dazzle Hollywood DV Bridge to convert analog video to DV AVI.

I have not experienced your problem and have not heard of it before. You probably should post your question on the Ulead forum

Return to posts index

newguy
on Oct 3, 2002 at 3:51:24 am

Hi,
you probably need more RAM which is memory.
need fast harddrive + CPU + RAM, and your system resourse must be maximized when recording video.
40 gig of harddrive might be mean nothing when capturing video. even double capacity of that and the drive is slow + system busy running other processes then problem still there for you.
take care.
NG

Return to posts index

beachin
on Oct 3, 2002 at 9:04:51 am

My computer is a Sony Vio with a P4,cpu 2.00ghz
2.02 ghz with 480 mb ram.
The dazzle came with the prioram dvc80.....................
I should think that everything would be fine. I got this silly computer just
for the main reason of doing the video editing.
any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
on Oct 4, 2002 at 3:23:24 am

Your system should be more than sufficient for capturing DVC80 AVI as long as the files don't get too large. Do you know the video data rate for the DVC80 AVI and what is the file size for a 10 minute capture?

Really you should try the Ulead and Dazzle forums, particularly the Dazzle forum.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]