Rendering still images in Premier are blurry

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DDT
Rendering still images in Premier are blurry
by
on Sep 11, 2002 at 6:11:30 pm

Hi there,

I'm using Premier 5 and trying to create a slideshow of still images (scanned photos and saved as jpgs). When the images are inserted into the time line, the monitor shows them as normal, clear, and sharp. When I go and render the slideshow, every rendered image becomes blurry (notably less clear and sharp).

I have tried to tinkering w/ the settings (ie. maintain aspect ratio and pixel aspect ratio...etc and saved resaved images as 740x480 (NTSC) but doesn't help.

I'd appreciate it if someone can help me out w/ this!!!

DT

Return to posts index

newguy
Re: Rendering still images in Premier are blurry
on Sep 12, 2002 at 1:05:11 am

try to get a version 6.x. Maybe help. I have no problem with making a slice show of jpg picture. don't even need to resize the image into 720x480.
NG

Return to posts index

DDT
by
on Sep 12, 2002 at 3:21:21 am

Sorry... I am using Premier 6.0. I guess I should try 6.5 eh? So when you make a slideshow w/ jpg pictures you do not experience in blurriness after rendering into an AVI file? Are these jpg pictures scanned photos?

DT

Return to posts index

ciabt
on Sep 12, 2002 at 9:55:19 am

Hi there
When you are rendering into an avi file do you have any type of compression on? This could be whats making it blurry, check your settings and make sure its for uncompressed video and hopefully that will solve the issue. Good luck!

Return to posts index

DDT
by
on Sep 13, 2002 at 7:14:50 pm

Thanks for your feedback. I have tried everything... but it seems to come down to the rendering format issue - so you are on the right track!

I was rendering into Microsoft DV avi format before and since tried a few others. The best size/quality format so far is Microsoft avi format - the photos are less blurry but the images are "jagged" outlines.... but I'll take that over blurry!!! Quicktime format was better but used *way* more memory.

Another method I will try is doing the slideshow portion using another program, then export it into a video file, and imported into Premier.... I'll will let you know what happens!

DDT

Return to posts index

ciabt
on Sep 14, 2002 at 4:38:27 am

Hi there
Hmm well good luck, hope you get it working great! If I think of any other ideas to try I'll let you know.
Take care
Brent

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]