FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premier 6.0 Shuting down when start to edit, Why?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
SONIC
Premier 6.0 Shuting down when start to edit, Why?
on Aug 29, 2002 at 12:06:34 am

I captured some clips from my Sony Digital camera and save in clips. Then I try to bring them to Source Window and trim and drag the clip to the Programme window and prview and the same time it was placed in the timeline. When I try to bring a another clip to source window the system crash and I get a message that
"DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

Some times When I bring the first clip itself the system crash and I get the same message. Here is my System:
P4-2.0
512DDR, 60gig HD, Matrox G550, and running on Windows XP.
Can anyone help me with this please.
pt775@hotmail.com

Return to posts index

JoesVideo
Re: Premier 6.0 Shuting down when start to edit, W
on Aug 29, 2002 at 11:13:31 am

Premier dosen't, just plain dosen't shut down or crash in Windows 2000 pro or NT. Your problem revolves around your current system XP. I've been saying this over and over again. XP is a resource hog and is one notch up from being a virus for video editing. Premier designed it's software (FIRST!!) around W2K, Not XP!!!! They only just recently redesigned it to run on XP but does not say, "It will run on XP as good as W2K!!!! and it never will run as good, Period!

If I were you, I'd get W2k with service pack 1 and download the service pack 2 and then disconnect your system from the Internet all together because Microsoft will update it (Whether you like it or not) to the new patch that will destroy it's reliability. Get rid of the modem which will in turn free up another IRQ anyway, then go to Best Buy and buy a cheapo celeron for internet use.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]