FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using transparancy in Premiere

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Red
Using transparancy in Premiere
by
on Aug 7, 2002 at 12:11:21 pm

Ok I can use transparancy in premiere (but without motion) with picture stills....

My Question:
How can I use transparancy with film?

Here's the situation:
I want to video tape my son playing his guitar against a solid white wall background.

Then make the white background transparent

Then make visable another film behind him....

Music video type....

Anyone do this with premiere before????

HELP!!!!

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: Using transparancy in Premiere
on Aug 7, 2002 at 3:59:08 pm

1) Put the clip on video track 2, not 1a 0r 1b.
2) Right click on the clip & select transperency
3) Find the key that works best for you. A luma key should do OK on the white background.
4) Shoot him in front of a green or blue screen and use chroma key for best results
5)For real-time chroma & Luma keying check out the new RTX.100

Gary
Videoguys.com

The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

Red
Re: Using transparancy in Premiere
by
on Aug 8, 2002 at 11:19:10 am

Thanks.

I tried this last night using different backgrounds. I found it very interesting that the 'best' that I did was using green printer paper, 16 sheets taped to the wall, but the best filter with this was BLUE! I just found that very interesting! It actually looked great!

I am demonstating mostly PREMIERE, but a little of Windows Movie Maker and talking about my box, custom Sony VIAO w/Pinnacle DV500 card to our computer club this month (photo montages) and next month's meeting (video editing).

I thought it would be fun to do something like this with Godzilla in the background....!

The challenging demo will be writing DVDs w/Menus (OCT or NOV).... because I haven't even attempted that yet!!!!!!!! Guess I will start posting and playing there very soon!!!!!!!

OFF TOPIC -
Is there a getting started HOW - TO create your first DVD menu - ON THIS SITE??????? There is such good stuff here on everything else, there probally is.... will check around.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]