FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pinnacle LE6 Pro Graphic Card Compatability

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary Bettan
Pinnacle LE6 Pro Graphic Card Compatability
on Nov 5, 2004 at 6:32:12 pm

It has come to our attention that the new LE Pro 6 BOB will NOT perform correctly unless you have a DirectX 9 graphics card. If you are using a non-DirectX 9 compliant graphics card (example: ATI Radeon 8500), your real-time output will revert to a degraded performance mode (single stream output) when used in combination with the new Liquid Edition PRO breakout box.

We are also finding that some older non-DirectX9 graphics cards will not even give you any output via the new BOB. Pinnacle is aware of these issue and they are addressing them. For complete details follow the link below to the Pinnacle Tech documnet.

Examples of graphics cards that meet the specification: ATI Radeon 9800 or higher or NVIDIA GeForce FX 5950 Ultra or higher.

The following cards have been tested with Liquid Edition version 6 and the new Pro hardware BOB

ATI Fire GL V3100 256MB Y PCIe
ATI X700XT 256MB Y PCIe
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB Y AGP 8X
ATI Radeon 9800XT 256MB Y AGP 8X
nVidia Quadro FX4000 256MB Y AGP 8X
ATI Radeon 9700 PRO 128MB Y AGP 8X
nVidia FX5700 128MB Y AGP 8X
nVidia Quadro FX 1300 128MB Y PCIe
ATI Radeon 9600 SE 128MB Y AGP 8X
ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 256MB Y AGP 8X
nVidia GeForce 5700 LE 256MB Y AGP 8X
nVidia GeForce 5950 Ultra 256MB Y AGP 8X
nVidia Quadro FX3400 256MB Y PCIe

Can I use my old Liquid Edition Pro with the new Liquid Edition version 6 software?

Yes. The old Liquid Edition Pro graphics card and breakout box, based on the ATI Radeon 8500, is supported with version 6. You should get similar real-time performance as you did in Liquid Edition version 5.5.

Can I use my old Liquid Edition Pro graphics card (ATI Radeon 8500) with the new Liquid Edition Pro USB2 breakout box?

This configuration is not recommended. To work with the new Liquid Edition Pro breakout box you need a graphics card that is DirectX 9 compliant. The old LE Pro graphics card (ATI Radeon 8500) is not DirectX 9 compliant. The ATI Radeon 8500 would provide a single stream output through the new LE Pro breakout box. A patch will be made available to support this configuration on the Liquid Edition support site (http://www.pinnaclesys.com). We strongly encourage you to upgrade to a DirectX 9 compliant card.

http://wwwus.pinnaclesys.com/WebVideo/liquideditionproversion6/English(...

Videoguys.com / The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]