Which Anolog/DV Capture Card for Firewire is right

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
The Canadian Kid
Which Anolog/DV Capture Card for Firewire is right
on Jun 2, 2004 at 1:45:08 am

Hi everyone,

Here it is:

I need a card that will capture both Anolog/DV video. Further more I require it to plug into Firewire. I'll be using this card to transfer sound and video from my Hi8 video camera to be edited, AND I will be using it for stop motion animation. This requires me to feed my video camera into the card and use a frame grabber to take the still picture off the video feed. Adobe Premiere has a nice Stop Motion feature, Ulead 6.0 only captures in Bitmap, and Pinnacle Studio 8 only takes stills off of captured video? (Correct me if I'm wrong)

So my questions are: Can you recommend a Firewire capture card (Anolog and DV) or just anolog that would work for me? Maybe one that would work with Premiere? or another card or software solution to achieve this? I'd like to keep it under $500. I really haven't had much luck with USB 2.0 giving me the kind of quality I'd like?!?

Gregor

aka The Canadian Kid

Return to posts index

sydc
Re: Which Anolog/DV Capture Card for Firewire is r
by
on Jul 5, 2004 at 5:27:49 pm

Try the Canopus ADVC 300, this is a superb video capture box for around £350 GBP. Will allow adjustment of brightness, contract, color etc. and many other options. http://www.canopus.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]