FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best RealTime Preview card for my setup

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael P
Best RealTime Preview card for my setup
on Apr 18, 2004 at 7:16:08 pm

Hello all. I am currently working on a project using Adobe Premiere Pro, and would like to buy a PCI Realtime output preview card. I was looking at the matrox x100 for its direct Adobe support. The only problem is that I will not be working on Premiere for too much longer. In a Month I will be getting Avid Xpress Pro, and will need a DNA that works for that soon. I was wondering if the Matrox cards Support Avid with RealTime Viewing, or if i should just wait on RealTime Preview, and just get an Avid Mojo when possible? My Current System Specs Are as Follows.

Asus SK8N Motherboard (Nforce3 250 Pro chipset)
(1) Athlon 64 fx-51 2.2ghz processor
(2) dual channel sticks of 512mb HyperX pc3200 ecc registered ram
(1) Geforce FX 5900 128mb edition (non-ultra)
(1) Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum
(2) Maxtor 160gb 7200rpm hard drives (system drives and small project drives) (IDE interface)
(2) Maxtor 250gb 7200rpm HDDs (Video Only, IDE hard drives modified to External USB 2.0)
(1) Western DIgital 20gb HD (for WindowsXP 64-bit beta exclusively)
(1) Lite-on 411s DVD+/-RW Drive
(1) Sony Floppy Disk Drive

When or Before i get the Avid Software i plan on upgrading to 2gb of Ram (at least), maybe 3 depending on the price difference. Hopefully with my setup, someone can help to determine what the best card would be. I have never checked up on the Canopous cards (spelling?), and I don't know what they excel in.

Thank you again for any help.

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: Best RealTime Preview card for my setup
on Apr 18, 2004 at 8:52:40 pm

The RT.X100 supports realtime in Premiere, but not Avid. If you're determined to go with Avid, then wait and get a Mojo, when you can afford one.

Return to posts index

Michael P
on Apr 21, 2004 at 2:02:02 am

Thanks for the info. I am REALLY set on getting avid, because I hope to make a profession out of Film Production, and I know that Avid basically owns the Professional Video Production Software/Hardware market, and so i want to learn on their platform early. By learning their terminology, their set-ups, and their configurations, then I will be able to have an edge when I go to college or I go straight into the field (not likely, but i am still not sure yet Sad ). Anyways, Avid does not yet have a student discount for the Mojo (that is how i will be able to afford Avid and Boris Red 3GL in a few weeks), and so i will have to save up for that within the next few months.

Thanks again for all the Help, I will remember you when i get to Hollywood Wink .

Return to posts index

John Q
on Apr 21, 2004 at 2:19:24 am

While you're working your way to Hollywood, I'll be happily doing my realtime video editing and DVD authoring with my RT.X100 and Premiere. This works very well for my part-time event videography business.

If I was a student trying to get into film/video production, though, I'd choose Avid as well.

Return to posts index

Michael P
on Apr 21, 2004 at 2:06:22 pm

I am very happy with my current setup of Adobe Premiere pro. I like the functionality and the included transitions and flexibility. I mainly want to learn Avid for its even higher level of personal flexibility, and because it is something that will sort of be new to me. I do not by any means undermine the power of Adobe Premiere, I personally love the program, i just want to learn something new and in a sense more personal and advanced for me.

Return to posts index

hokiethug33
on Aug 17, 2004 at 9:32:49 pm

Hi

Do you know of a quick way to encode into mpeg2 footage captured from vhs? I have dv500 plus and a pinnacle pro-one.

thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]