FORUMS: list search recent posts

DV Storm2 or Matrox RTX.100

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
enigma
DV Storm2 or Matrox RTX.100
on Aug 20, 2003 at 1:22:54 am

I am SO dissapointed! I just found out that my Pinnacle DV500 will never work with the new Premiere Pro. It seems like Pinnacle wants to push their own NLE: Edition. What a shame. To ignore one of the top NLE's on the market and stick it to the DV500 owners is borderline asinine. I have spent $1000.00's on 3rd party plugins for Premiere and I am not about to toss them in the trash.

I will never buy another Pinnacle product for as long as I live.

So...

I am now in the market for a new card. I am interested in either the Canopus DV Storm2 or the Matrox RTX.100. I have read reviews on both cards. I have visited the user forums for both manufacturers; reading the pros and cons of each card. This website, videoguys.com, rates the Matrox as the best choice for 2002. I'm not sure which way to go. The pros and cons are about 50/50 on each site. My main output medium is web video, but I am starting to get into DVD. I also occasionally pump out a coroprate VHS training video.

Does videoguys.com still place the Matrox over the DV Storm2? I am leaning towards the Matrox RTX.100. Anyone here have any unbiased experience with either card?

thanks!

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: DV Storm2 or Matrox RTX.100
on Aug 20, 2003 at 2:32:58 pm

Both cards are excellent. I'm going to give Matrox the slight edge, especially with premeire Pro. The gang at Adobe tells me they are doing a great job on making Premiere Pro work great - and best of all the Matrox RT performance will compliment the performance of Premeire Pro. So the two together should be one amazing solution.

Note: We have not yet had the chance to test this.

Gary
Videoguys.com

Videoguys.com / The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

enigma
Re: DV Storm2 or Matrox RTX.100
on Aug 20, 2003 at 3:43:48 pm

Awesome! That's just what I was hoping to hear, as I was leaning towards the RTX.100. I have had nothing but good experiences with videoguys.com, so I will be purchasing the RTX.100 from this site. I previously got my DV500 as well as a new Pioneer DVD-R CD/RW A05 from this site.

Thanks for the input.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]