FORUMS: list search recent posts

Matrox RTX.10

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
STLSailor
Matrox RTX.10
on Jun 15, 2003 at 11:57:03 pm

I am looking to get into video editing. I need to capture Hi-8 and edit. I have a DVD-burner and a Dell 8250. I believe I will need another HD and a capture card. After reviewing the options my son (who recently graduated with a degree in electronic media) believes that the Matrox RTX.10 is the way to go, because while it is a bit more than I need right now, for not much more money than some less expensive alternatives it includes the full version of Adobe Premier and I do get real time editing.

Any comments on the suitability of this combination for this purpose would be appreciated.

STL_Sailor

Return to posts index

ricks
Re: Matrox RTX.10
on Jun 16, 2003 at 3:10:28 am

We just recently purchased two at work. We went from the RT2000 to the x10 which was sorta a downgrade but the users love it. It is a great starter card and you will be able to do more then you could imagine. Also if you get good at shooting video you realy don't need things like real time color correction. So far I have had no complaints. PS we have it installed in 3ghz dell 8250's with an addin ultra 133 ide controller and 200 gig video drives. If you need any help drop me an email rsears@sc.rr.com

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on Jun 16, 2003 at 1:53:22 pm

With the new RTX10 Xtrta drivers your going to get back alot of the 3D FX and transitions you felt you gave up from the RT2000. These drivers are available any day now - for FREE - to all registered RTX.10 owners!!

Matrox RT.X10 Xtra builds on the field-proven success of the Matrox RT.X10 realtime editing card that has won numerous international awards. New enhancements include:

- Four new classes of realtime effects &#8211; spheres, cubes, particles, and 3D tiles
- Realtime super-smooth, field-blended fast and slow motion
- Video capture using OHCI and Video-for-Windows compliant applications
- DVD authoring with Sonic DVDit! SE and NTSC/PAL preview
- Still image capture from live DV sources

The Xtra features are now available to current RT.X10 owners http://www.matrox.com/video/support/rtx10xtra/software/home.cfm

Gary

The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

STLSailor
on Jun 17, 2003 at 12:29:12 am

Thanks. I had thought of getting a 120G Firewire/USB Video Drive. Any thoughts there?

Return to posts index

John Q
on Jun 18, 2003 at 1:37:13 am

Not if you're planning to use it with an X10. It won't work for capturing video with the Matrox board. You need a large dedicated ATA drive on IDE2 and a system that's certified as compatible with the X10. VIA chipsets need not apply.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]