FORUMS: list search recent posts

Laptop - PC Mac

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Cooney
Laptop - PC Mac
on Jan 30, 2017 at 8:24:52 pm

Hi . I own both a PC and an iMac for video editing. Both now at the office. I'm a long time Mac user. Bought my first PC in 2016 because I was just frustrated with the Adobe/Mac conflicts. Anyway.. I'm looking to purchase a laptop. Mainly to have on hand at home/weekends/night to do last minute tweaks for clients if needed. My first inclination would be to go with the MacPro... but I'm not sure how the AMD video cards are now performing over the NVIDIA 1060 cards, etc. I purchased a Macbook pro i5 for editing about 4 years ago and it was a real lemon.. anyway.. just wanted to get some input. Been looking at Dell Alienware as well as Asus. I edit in Adobe CC mostly on PC... I'm not too concerned about cross compatibility as I haven't had any major issues with that. So for what I need Mac or PC would be fine. PC is cheaper which is nice.. but Mac is way more lovely to use as a laptop for everything else non-editing.

Telly Award Winning Editor and Motion Gfx Artist with MotionFoundry, Inc., Nashville, TN. Former Head of Post Production, Coca-Cola Studios Atlanta, GA.

Return to posts index

andy patterson
Re: Laptop - PC Mac
on Feb 5, 2017 at 1:03:36 pm

If you use Premiere the PC would be a better bang for the buck. Try to get laptop with a true quad core i7, GTX 1080 and Thunderbolt 3. That should last a good 3 to 4 years. Having said that you might want to wait until the AMD Zen CPUs launch next month before making a purchase. The Zen CPUs might be a better option instead of Intel.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]