FORUMS: list search recent posts

RT2000 UPGRADE TO PINNACLE OR MATROX?????

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ricks
RT2000 UPGRADE TO PINNACLE OR MATROX?????
on Jun 15, 2003 at 2:27:34 pm

I need some help deciding on which upgrade path I should choose. I purchased my card from Video guys the year it was release ( july of 2000 i think) I went through all the growing pains of the Video tools releases and Premiere upgrades. However, it now looks like it is time to upgrade and I am having a hard time deciding between the new Pinnacle Edition pro and the RTx100 upgrade. I have a friend who owns a Pinnacle Silver and a DV500 with Edition and have spent a little time watching him use both products. From what I have seen I realy like the render in the background feature which is a selling point for me. However after using Adobe Premiere for the last 6 years I am use to A B editing so I am not sure about leaving my comfort Zone. I looked on your web pages last week for a comparision of the two products with no success.

I currently have the following hardware
845 PE motherboard
2ghz P4
512 mb DDR
40gb boot drive
180 gb LVD raid array on adaptec SCSI Raid
HP DVD recorder

If possible could you tell me the advantages of each and the upgrades I will need to make for each card. I know I probably will meet the minimum requirements but I want to be able to use all of the feature of the card I upgrade to.

Thanks For all the Help

Rick

Return to posts index

ricks
Re: RT2000 UPGRADE TO PINNACLE OR MATROX?????
on Jun 17, 2003 at 12:53:56 am

Any answers from the videoguys experts. Since the offer for the Matrox card ends at the end of june it would be nice to find out something from you guys

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: RT2000 UPGRADE TO PINNACLE OR MATROX?????
on Jun 17, 2003 at 6:29:10 pm

The RTX.100 requires a 2.2 Ghz processor for full features. Si only consider it if you are willing to upgrade your computer. Edition should run very well on your system.

The biggest challenge with Edition is getting used to the new interface. Once you do - it is really quite intuitive. having a friend with Silver is going to help you alot. Go with Edition.

Gary

The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]