FORUMS: list search recent posts

6 x 3 meters screen

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jay Mortel
6 x 3 meters screen
on Jan 3, 2017 at 10:27:51 am

Hi! Anyone here knows on what resolution should I save my video to accommodate this huge screen requirement ( 6 x 3 meters).

Thanks! ☺

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: 6 x 3 meters screen
on Jan 4, 2017 at 3:02:30 pm

Hi Jay,

Is this a projection screen, or video monitor? Really, you need to look at video input specs for the projector or screen. If the projector or monitor maxes out at 1920x1080 HD, then that is best you can do. Of course 4K is better, but the hardware would need to support it.

Without having any idea what equipment you are working with, we are all guessing at this point

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Jay Mortel
on Jan 15, 2017 at 9:41:21 am

Hi Jeff!

thanks for the reply! Yea, I did it with 1920x1080, but they want me to resize it to 1536 x 896 pixels, they say to support the 6 x 3 resolution.

on the other note, I have a follow up for this one,

what resolution should I use for 11.5m (width) x 1.2m(height) video?

Thanks,
Jay

Return to posts index

Jay Mortel
on Jan 15, 2017 at 9:43:01 am

Hi Jeff,

And the screen is LED :D

Return to posts index

Jay Mortel
on Jan 15, 2017 at 9:55:53 am

Hi Jeff!

For the 11.5m x 1.2m, do you think I could use the 1920 x 817 size? I followed the aspect ratio for 2.35.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Jan 16, 2017 at 3:22:57 pm

I'm still interested in what kind of hardware is being used to feed the screen. Will the video clip be played from a computer, a media player, Blu-ray player, what?

The suggested resolutions are not any standard "video" size, and when encoding to H.264, the numbers have to be divisible a certain way, as some numbers just may not work with the encoder (I think odd numbers are an issue). I think dimensions need to be divisible by 8 when encoding H.264, I could be wrong.

What can be really helpful in these situations is if you can provide the brand/model number of equipment being used, then we can look up the specs and/or manual online and see what it calls for.

Without having any idea what player and screen gear you are working with, difficult to suggest any solution.

Thanks

Jeff

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]