FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reliability of G-Speed Studio

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron Kabele
Reliability of G-Speed Studio
on Aug 10, 2016 at 1:23:37 am

MacMall has a sale on G-Speed Studio 12 TB drives ($799!) and I purchased one today. When I told a friend at an editing facility what I did, he cautioned that his shop has experienced a high failure rate in thier G-Speed Studio drives due to problems in their circuitry. I wonder if they had simply gotten a bad batch, which can certainly happen ... especially in the early months of a new product line. Is there anything that you guys feel I should be cautious about? I have used G-Tech products since their first generation RAIDs (13 years ago?) and the drives have always been rock-solid.
Thanks in advance for your advice!
Ron

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: Reliability of G-Speed Studio
on Aug 11, 2016 at 6:21:58 pm

G-Tech drives are and have always been the most reliable drives on the market. G-Tech uses HGST Enterprise call drives in their RAIDs. We have not had any quality or reliability issues with them.

That's not to say that your fiend didn't get a bad drive, or that there wasn't a bad batch that snuck out the door. I just know that the drives we have in stock are rock solid.

Gary

COW members get 5% OFF with Coupon COW5OFF

http://www.videoguys.com 800 323-2325 | We are the video editing and production experts!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]