FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encode takes 2X longer after Matrox X10 install !

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
KatieKatie
Encode takes 2X longer after Matrox X10 install !
on Jun 10, 2003 at 2:46:21 pm

Yep, that is what I discovered. I had Premiere installed prior to the install of the Matrox x10 card, so I know how long a render takes using the Mainconcept encoder. Since the install (by the book) I now experience 2X render times from before.

To further test this I did a little experiment. I took two clips - same material and source - different capture codecs (one MS DV and the other Matrox DV). I then set-up two project files - one Matrox and the other plain old MS DV 1394. I experienced the same results. When using the Matrox files in Matrox editing mode, the encoder takes 2X longer. Again, using the MS encoder and project settings the encoder works as it did before.

Just for kicks, I did a complete removal and reinstall of all the Adobe and Matrox programs. Same result.

Does anyone have any clues? I purchased the x10 to increase productivity - and it is nice to have realtime view of the transitions and such. However, a DVD render that took 2 hours now takes 4++ hours. This is a real bummer.
Any help would be MOST appreciated.

PS: I did a little google searching on this issue and found that another person noted this on the Adobe/MainConcept encoder support site. The answer was that this is how it works. Is that the real answer?

Thanks
Kathy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]