FORUMS: list search recent posts

Camera selection

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shannon Bedford
Camera selection
on Apr 8, 2015 at 2:21:51 am

Hi I'm working part time producing videos for a company who often uses video for Social Media. I am an experienced video producer but have mostly worked with professional operators in the past. Now I'll be working solo. I haven't had to shoot my own work for over ten years and a lot has changed since then.

The company would like to purchase a camera, around the $1000 AUS mark. I'm chasing your advice as to which models will suit our needs.

Shoots will most commonly be of people being active outdoors and working in offices.
It would be good if it works well in office light so I can reduce the need for lighting.
Ability to change lenses would be good, or if the camera has good built in options that negate the need to change lenses that would also be good.
I have always preferred manual focus/zoom rings, I'm not sure what options are available but I wouldn't want it to be fully auto.
Will need some user friendly auto settings so that other people in the office (without video training) can use the camera.
Ability to capture stills would be useful.

I'll be editing on Premiere Pro CC, my mac will accept SD, SDHC and SDXC cards.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]