FORUMS: list search recent posts

Realtime output w/ Edition 5

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
efstroup
Realtime output w/ Edition 5
on May 20, 2003 at 3:41:50 am

Information on Edition 5 says something about "realtime analog output"; also noted is direct timeline to DVD which implies realtime DV output; does it have both? Thanks, Dan

Return to posts index

Jon Oransky
Re: Realtime output w/ Edition 5
on May 20, 2003 at 2:12:17 pm

if you get the Edition 5 Pro it comes w/ an AGP card that has the Firewire and all analog in/out. The DVD authoring is about 2:1 or so, but you can do all of your authoring (making menus and chapter points) on the same timeline your project is on.

- Jon

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: Realtime output w/ Edition 5
on May 20, 2003 at 7:03:23 pm

The Edition Pro AGP card provides you real-time analog output. This is all FX and features.

Edition 5 lets you burn directly from the timeline to a DVD - complete with authroing, menus & chapter points. This does require encoding. So far I'm averaging 1.5 - 2.5 times real time. (ie 10 minute timeline take 15-25 minutes).

Edition 5 has background processing. This means it is constantly working in the background rendering your footage for DV output. With out dual 2.8 HP workstation, Edition is rendering as fast as I edit. So i can almost always go instantly out to DV!!

Gary

The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]