FORUMS: list search recent posts

RCA Upscaler w/ Folsom Research VGA Switcher

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Gray
RCA Upscaler w/ Folsom Research VGA Switcher
on Jan 13, 2015 at 5:58:51 am

Might be in the wrong place but this seemed like the sub-forum that was closest to what I'm asking about.

I work with an FSR 1000 VGA Video Switcher from Folsom Research (which is now owned by Barco). We usually run a couple of computers and a couple store bought DVD players through it. To get the signal from the DVD players into the switcher itself we use Composite to VGA cables and just plug the Green connector into the yellow RCA out on the back of the DVD player. In an effort to make cable management easier we tried using small RCA to VGA upscale units but they wouldn't work for some reason.

My main question is whats stopping me from making a single RCA to VGA jumper and just wire the RCA side to the same pins that are used by the green channel in our Composite to VGA cables. If this is possible what pins would go to the Tip and the Shield of the RCA. Also is it possible there is an upscaler built into the video switcher and the reason the RCA to VGA upscalers didn't work was because it was trying to upscale twice or was it possibly and EDID issue?

Thanks in advance if anyone sees and answers this. I'll check back in a couple days.

-Sam Gray

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]