FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need to build a studio - Suggestions?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jon kopp
Need to build a studio - Suggestions?
on Aug 5, 2014 at 3:25:59 pm

I need to build a studio in our office. I have the lighting situated. I need some help figuring out what hardware I need.

Scenario 1 - We're shooting multiple camera footage. Editing in FCP. Rendering out and posting to YouTube.

Scenario 2 - We're broadcast live webinars/podcasts/streams .. like a televised talk radio show.

Budget is around $5,000.

Current equipment list:

(2) thunderbolt displays
(1) 2014 15" macbook pro maxed out
(2) 2014 13" macbook pro's maxed out
Lighting kits, green screens, tripods, etc.
(1) Canon 70D SLR with 24-105 L & 10-22mm
(1) 55" LCD monitor via hdmi

I'm a bit confused on what hardware I'll need to complete my setup. I've been looking at the MOTU 828x for audio and the MOTU HDX-SDI for video i/o (thunderbolt editions).

I really need some sort of external monitoring of what we're shooting. I also need at least 2 or 3 different cameras setup shooting. Since I only have one camera at this time, I need to consider my camera setup. Will getting the GoPro's best model work shooting out via hdmi for my camera setup? Will the MOTU HDX-SDI allow for multiple camera inputs?

I'm looking at the MOTU units because i'm setting up a stationary studio and i like the idea of rack-mounted gear.

For my web streaming .. do i need something like the Roland VR-3EX or the BlackMagic ATEM production studio or television studio?

I am clearly not up to speed on studio gear and would greatly appreciate some advise and direction in getting setup! It seems that VideoGuys.com has all the equipment I'll need, so I would like to purchase everything needed through you guys and stick with one vendor if possible.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]