FORUMS: list search recent posts

Equipment for Transferring 8mm Film?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce France
Equipment for Transferring 8mm Film?
on Apr 17, 2014 at 1:59:18 am

I recently purchased a BlackMagic video recorder to help a friend's family digitize all of their old VHS and VHS-C tapes after they nearly lost them all in a fire. While not allowing for a lot of control, the BlackMagic video recorder is doing the job. Already I have other people expressing interest in having me perform the same job for them. I'm a videographer/photographer by trade, but I thought this might be an excellent way to earn more income. My question is: what kind of equipment is available for digitizing 8mm (or 16mm) film? My family has a a lot of old 8mm film that is deteriorating in a box as I'm sure others do so I'm sure this would be a valuable service. I understand that there isn't any consumer equipment available like there is for VHS tapes, audio tapes, LPs, etc. Unfortunately I haven't found any equipment for any level of experience online. The only thing I did find was a one device for $1800 by Hammacher Schlemmer. Even if it would cost $10,000-20,000 I'm still interested in learning what is out there. I know there is the cheap method of using a digital camera to film the projection of the film, but the results seem pretty terrible.

Anything would be helpful.

Thanks.

Bruce

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]