FORUMS: list search recent posts

realtime chroma keying

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
evetS
realtime chroma keying
on May 15, 2003 at 11:45:41 pm

I would love to do some weather-forecaster type video footage (person speaking in the front, video playing in the back) with my new (coming tomorrow) matrox rt.100.

When you guys are doing this, do you just try to stand in front of a blandly colored wall, or somehow mask the video footage, or do you actually have blue or green screens set up to film in front of.

Return to posts index

ciabt
Re: realtime chroma keying
on May 16, 2003 at 3:18:59 am

Hi there
A bluescreen or greenscreen is the best, but you can key out any colour. Just make sure you stand in front of something that is 1 solid colour and not too close to the background for better seperation. Try to have it lit as evenly as possible and it will turn out great. Even lighting is the biggest part to chromakeying. Oh ya and 1 more thing I don't think the Matrox RTX100 can realtime chromakey out grey for some reason, but as long as you stand in front of any other colour it should work well. Good luck and happy chromakeying.
Later
Brent

Return to posts index

Terry Stetler
Re: realtime chroma keying
on May 19, 2003 at 3:27:41 am

A well and evenly lit blue or green (my favorite) wall works best, and the standard paint is Roscoe chroma/luma key. I use long light boxes (baffled from the cameras viewpoint) to light *just* the wall, but not the subject several feet in front of it. The subject gets its own separate lighting treatment (even dramatic ones), paying attention to if one wants its shadow on the wall or not.

Terry Stetler

Moderator: Digital Media Net MediaStudio Pro forum

http://www.dmnforums.com/cgi-bin/disp2.fcgi?forum=uleadmediastudio

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]