FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vaio Laptop 2 internal drive setup problem

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Anderson
Sony Vaio Laptop 2 internal drive setup problem
on Dec 6, 2013 at 6:43:04 pm

Hi. I'm using a Vaio that I just replaced 2 drives on. When I did the full Windows/Sony 7 disc recovery it only shows one drive. Hardware works - 2 older drives were both readable - so I believe it's a matter of formatting correctly. 2 Previous drives were acting slow and making some odd noises so we just decided to replace them. Seagate didn't have an answer on the new drives and Sony no longer supports laptop without upfront fees. Laptop is 2 years old. I remember when I replaced a defective drive in the 2nd month that the Best Buy tech guy said the 2 drive setup was a little unique - something like it acts as one - not sure exactly. Has anyone run into this? The recovery worked fine, I just can't read the second drive. Both drives power up ok. Please advise. Thanks in advance. Scott

Scott Anderson

Return to posts index

Alex Gerulaitis
Re: Sony Vaio Laptop 2 internal drive setup problem
on Dec 7, 2013 at 1:59:59 am

[Scott Anderson] "I remember when I replaced a defective drive in the 2nd month that the Best Buy tech guy said the 2 drive setup was a little unique - something like it acts as one - not sure exactly."

Hardware mirroring? Port-replicated SATA? Would need to know that before trying to figure out what's up.

Does the 2nd drive show up in BIOS? In Windows Device Manager?

You can pay me $5 to remote into your system with Teamviewer and poke around, although I won't be able to look at BIOS settings from there, most likely.

-- Alex Gerulaitis | Systems Engineer | DV411 - Los Angeles, CA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]