FORUMS: list search recent posts

Live streaming: USB bandwidth exceeded

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce Argue
Live streaming: USB bandwidth exceeded
on Nov 24, 2013 at 9:04:10 am

I'd appreciate some advice. We had a lot of problems with streaming an event on Friday and the result was unwatchable :-(

I was gutted as every time I've tried to stream it has been fast and pin-sharp. In tests, I ran 3 USB cameras without problems on an i7 Win 7 laptop with Wirecast. It seemed OK when I tested at home but, on the night, both input and output previews in Wirecast became very choppy and distorted and there was a massive delay in transmission to the net (quite a few minutes not the usual couple of seconds). I tried changing USB port but none of the 3 gave any improvement.

At the venue I got 5mbps but at home I get 50mbps download. I guess the up speeds would be way slower pro-rata. That might have made it too slow for 720HD but reduced size didn't seem to change things and I can't see how it would affect the input preview. I think it must be USB conflicts or handling. For some reason, even with only 1 USB port in use (no hub), I got "USB bandwidth exceeded" a little way into the transmission.

The stream is hosted on Daily Motion's DMCloud service so should be OK, even with the close on 1,000 viewers we had. I suspected the booster in my 10m USB camera cable but that seemed OK when tested at home. It's a new laptop and I did notice Windows doing a massive update when I shut it down after BOUND so maybe there was some outdated USB handling? I hear Vista had issues but not later versions.

I'm way out of my dept. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]