FORUMS: list search recent posts

Determining correct UPS

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary Badgley
Determining correct UPS
on Nov 7, 2013 at 12:38:54 am

Howdy,

I am trying to determine the load of all my components that will be hooked up to a UPS, so I can purchase the correct level of UPS.

The component that is giving me any trouble in determining the watts is the computer. My computer is one that I built to the specs of the Video Guys. Great computer BTW: Slices through those AVCHD files like butter! Thanks Videoguys!

Anyway, it's a tower with 5 fans, and the power supply is 850W. I have all the other specs if you need me to list. So, being fairly electrically challenged, can someone steer me straight on what I should estimate the draw to be.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Alex Gerulaitis
Re: Determining correct UPS
on Nov 7, 2013 at 2:35:25 am

[Gary Badgley] "I am trying to determine the load of all my components... The component that is giving me any trouble in determining the watts is the computer. ... the power supply is 850W"

The last bit answers your question about maximum possible power load of the computer (we aren't touching actual one, just maximum possible)... Unless I am missing something?

I.e. add 850W to power ratings of other devices you plan to put on the UPS, and get a UPS that can handle that load. Unless... I am missing something... :)

-- Alex Gerulaitis | Systems Engineer | DV411 - Los Angeles, CA

Return to posts index

Gary Badgley
Re: Determining correct UPS
on Nov 7, 2013 at 3:22:58 am

Yes, the computer is 850 the A/V Receiver is 390 and the HDTV lcd is 100(I use this all for editing). I've been focusing on Cyber Power as the AVC manufacturer doesn't seem to get good reviews for the models I have been looking at. In the Cyber Power's two lines that I have looked at, the maximum wattage of any of their models is 900. So, what are the implications of being short?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]