FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video Quality Test

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles Jackson
Video Quality Test
on Mar 20, 2013 at 3:29:26 pm

Whilst videoing straight from camcorder to DVD recorder; would I get better picture (RECORDING) quality using s-video source or firewire source. Unfortunately, ny dvd recorder does not have a component source? Moreover, realize the composite source is suppose to be lower quality than the aforementioned. All comments and advice welcome.

Return to posts index

Alex Gerulaitis
Re: Video Quality Test
on Mar 20, 2013 at 8:22:12 pm

FireWire generally offers the best quality with DV camcorders; followed by component, then by S-Video, then by composite.

Alex Gerulaitis
Systems Engineer
DV411 - Los Angeles, CA

Return to posts index

Charles Jackson
on Mar 21, 2013 at 12:59:52 pm

Thanks for your prompt reply...Firewire - I have heard using this source method, I will have audio lag or dropouts(?). Can you speak on this matter.

Again, what I will be doing is videoing a church coference, e.g. using my camcorder to record straight to a dvd recorder then submit tape to congregation, etc.

Please advise...

Return to posts index

Alex Gerulaitis
on Mar 21, 2013 at 4:31:23 pm

FireWire is fool-proof on any major brand DV (DVCAM, DVCPro) camcorder made with the last 10 years, maybe more.

On the receiver's side (computer, software, DVD recorder), it depends. Should be fool-proof but you never know with some of the stuff they make in China.

So test it. Run a recording for an hour from the camcorder to the DVD recorder, preferably someone talking so you could check audio sync and dropouts, and that'll be your proof.

Return to posts index

Charles Jackson
on Mar 21, 2013 at 5:38:46 pm

...thanks for the info., I am/have been shooting on my Sony DCR VX-2000.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]