FORUMS: list search recent posts

About the Matrox RT.X100

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
NeedHelpBadly
About the Matrox RT.X100
on Apr 19, 2003 at 8:45:15 pm

I am thinking about returning my Canopus ADVC-100 capture device in and try the Matrox RT.X100.

Questions:

1) Does the RT.X100 double as a DV capture card? Would there be any need to buy an extra DV card?
2) Would it capture a VHS tape as DV? (Just like feeding a VCR through a DV camcorder) The Canopus ADVC-100 can do this.
3) Can the RT.X100 make use of ANY NLE program's effects? (Such as Combustion, or any other editing program..)

Just looking for a pro's advice..

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: About the Matrox RT.X100
on Apr 19, 2003 at 9:58:08 pm

1. The RT.X100 can capture composite analog, S-Video, and DV (firewire). It also simultaneously outputs the Premiere preview to the analog output, so I get to see my video fullscreen on a video monitor.

2. Analog is captured as Matrox DV format, so it will work with other DV files.

3. It comes with a slew of Matrox plugin effects for Premiere (and After Effects). Some of the Premiere effects have also been recoded to use the Matrox hardware for realtime use. If the other effects you want to use are Premiere 6 compatible plugins, then they will still work. They just won't be realtime.

Return to posts index

Zakaria
Re: About the Matrox RT.X100
on Apr 28, 2003 at 7:41:18 pm

Don't forget the new Xtreme upgrade which will be offered free from Matrox Smile

Xtreme takes the RT.X100 to a new level simply untouchable by the competitors, you have to see it to believe it especially Xtreme preview and Slow mo!

I was in the same boat as you, it was a toss up between Canopus Storm and RT.X100, but after seeing what the RT.X100 can do with Xtreme upgrade, I fell in love with it.

Oh and Premiere won't go poof on you as it does today with Storm 2
Laughing

Cheers,
Shlooky

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]