FORUMS: list search recent posts

GPU dying?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Wilson
GPU dying?
on Nov 11, 2012 at 12:05:29 am

Hi there. Have an issue with my display and I'm wondering if anybody has encountered this problem before:

http://i.imgur.com/6lBs9.jpg

it started happening a few days ago whilst browsing, but now it's appearing when I am working. As you can see there are what looks like holes in the display and other windows (and their content) are revealed through the top window. Do I need to return my card to the manufacturer? Thanks.

Return to posts index

David Wilson
Re: GPU dying?
on Nov 11, 2012 at 5:52:35 am

Firefox, Opera, Windows Media Player & all things Adobe are the programs that this issue seems to affect. VLC works fine and I haven't encountered this problem when using any other applications.

Camtasia recording of Windows Media Player. It seems the problem is only visible on my end and intermittent. The only way I can describe it is there are holes in the screen and what is beneath the current screen (other windows/desktop) shows through.

Return to posts index

David Wilson
Re: GPU dying?
on Nov 14, 2012 at 1:28:34 am

The orange artifacts are one of the problems. The company I bought it from have asked me to return it, but I'm at their mercy unless I know what is wrong with the card and my warranty is up in a few months.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]